Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Graduation

This is a little late in posting, but give me a break I was packing the house, getting ready for company, had graduation and then moved to Ohio and had to unpack and organize a whole house! However we FINALLY have our Internet set up and I got pictures from my friends (my camera died at graduation even though I had charged it...) and I am ready to post this most monumental event of our last few years!
On May 28, 2011 Nate graduated medical school!!! It was a beautiful morning and the day went perfect! Nate's mom, sister and step dad came into town to support Nate. We were also joined by our West Virginia family, the Israelsen's and McLemore's. The event took place back in Lewisburg at the school, so we had to leave early to make the 2 hour drive and get there by 9am. Luckily everyone else had a car so they could come down a little later! I can not even describe the joy that we all felt that day, seeing Nate walk in dressed in his cap and gown with all the other students just made it all feel more real. There were wonderful remarks shared and then came the super long wait to get to the "T"'s.

Nate being presented his diploma.Being hooded by Dr. ReubenAll of us taking a picture with Dr. Nathan Tracey :)Nate's mom and new step dad Mark with the grad. (This was our first time meeting Mark, poor guy was coming off a trip from Germany and hadn't slept in 36 hrs!!! But we had a wonderful time and the kids instantly bonded with him) I love this man!! I am so lucky to have him, and I couldn't be more proud of him!This is the only group shot we got, and it was taken by some guy who really didn't want to help.Nate and his BFF Stan. Seriously Stan helped him out so much and they are such good friends. It is going to be hard not living just a quick drive away, but they are already planning biking trips and other ways to hang out even though we are 4 hours away :). (Too bad we didn't think of having Stan hood Nate, he is after all a doctor himself.) Jana and Leo with Nate and his mom. It was SO good to see Jana and little Leo and Gayle and Mark! It is hard being away from family and even though they were only here for a day or two it was WONDERFUL!













Luke wanted to try on the hat and hold the diploma, we'll see if this leads to anything in the future... (We did name him after Luke in the bible and he was a physician after all!)



I love these ladies!! Chisa and DeNae, what more can I say?! They are so awesome they have already driven up to our new house to see us!!




Nate and his buddy Ankur Dave.




All that is left of our group from first year, Jacob Harman and Weston Young. (Seth and Jake transferred schools and left after second year. We really missed them and their families)






If you made it through that whole post you get an idea of how long graduation was!! ;) I really am so proud of my wonderful husband and look forward to our next journey; residency as a general surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic!! Here we go...!!!

9 comments:

Julie said...

So proud of Nate! Wish I could have been there to help celebrate!

Tori de Hoyos said...

hahah those caps are RIDICULOUS!!! they look like they are part of the thespian club:) he's finally done! WOOHOO! wish you guys were here though. BLEH...miss you. hope everything is going well:)

theharmans said...

Congrats!!!
Have fun moving, I know i did:)

Greta Henricksen said...

Yeah for smarty pants and all of his faithful supporters! :)

Lisa/Scott said...

Congrats on graduating!!! The adventure of life is still just beginning! Yay!

Jana and Mario said...

It was so awesome to be there, so glad I got the opportunity! So proud of both of your hard work getting through school, I know how hard it is. Love you guys and hopefully will see you again soon!!

Gayle Hutchins said...

What an amazing day! I loved being there with you and making it all the way to the 'T's'. Nathan and Andrea, you are so amazing and I couldn't be prouder! Love you so much!

jdust said...

Oh my. you know Jacob Harmon? That is my best friend's from High School older brother. Ha ha. How funny! What a small world. I had no idea that Nate was at school with him.
Anyway, Congrats Nate! That is so great to have it all done!

Ryan and Marci said...

Congrats! What a happy day!!!! You guys did it!!!