Monday, March 12, 2012

When did they get so big?!

If you ever want to know how big your kids are getting, just have another one ;). It amazes me how "big" my kids have gotten. It's not as though I wasn't aware that they have been growing up and getting older, but having a baby and having that baby have special needs really shows how grown up kids can be. Luke has been a FANTASTIC help. Not that I ever doubted that, but I am surprised at how much he WANTS to help. He has always been pretty good about doing what I ask and not complaining, but he has been asking me what he can do to help this time!! And he just loves his little sister, I guess he got over her not being a boy ;)!!
Look at that smile! He really loves her.
 How cute is that?! Seriously, this picture was not posed at all.
Gabby is a great help too. She is so loving and always so concerned about Evie's heart. Any time Evelyn makes any noise or starts to cry, Gabby is right there trying to comfort her. (Because of her heart condition we can't let her get too upset so Gabby is ultra protective of her) She wants to be as big as Luke and mom and dad, so sometimes she tries to do things she just isn't big enough for :). She is such a loving sister!
 And then there is Lily. I have to admit I wasn't sure how she would be with the baby, but she has surprised us all! She is every bit as in love with her as the other two. She and Gabby fight over who will get me the diaper when I need one, or who will hold Evie, or who will do whatever it is that I am asking. It really warms my heart :).
These kids are my world, I don't know how I got lucky enough to be their mother, but I am grateful every day for it!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh I love those kids so much! That picture of Luke reading is priceless!

LeAnn said...

Your family is soooo cute! And your baby ---- beautiful! Congratulations!

Wholly Duncan said...

They seem to get big overnight, trust me! You can see in the pictures how much your "big kids" love her!

Wholly Duncan said...

They seem to get big overnight, trust me! You can see in the pictures how much your "big kids" love her!

Jensen said...

You have such a cute family!

kim and morgan said...

What beautiful kids! They are growing so fast. Looks like they are thrilled to have a new sister. :)

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Oh my heck! Luke is so cute! And we read the same books. ;)
I really wish we could see you guys!

adrienne said...

I LOVE the pictures of Luke with the baby. What a great big brother he is! You have such a cute family.

Janelle said...

Wonderful pictures of life. I love the last one, with Lily. Lily looks like she just woke up, and is in a sleepy, happy haze.

Snarr Family said...

Andrea, these are the sweetest pictures. I am always impressed with the sweet spirit your children have. They are such great siblings.