*It took me a while to finally post about the kids birthdays. Part of the reason is that I had to sew like crazy to get the kids Halloween costumes done. Then Hurricane Sandy came and knocked out power or four days at our house. Now we are trying to clean up water damage in the basement and living room and taking out all the spoiled food. So... better late then never, here is Luke's birthday :)!
Since Nate was working down in Akron (about an hour away) for October he wasn't always home when the kids were awake. On the evening before Luke's birthday (an hour past bedtime I might add... see Gayle I am not ALWAYS a fun sucker ;)!) Nate and I decided to give Luke his presents since we weren't sure if Nate would make it home for his actual birthday. (And Nate REALLY wanted to be there when Luke got his gift!!)
Luke has been reading a book series that is about a boy who is a Ranger. He only uses a bow and arrows, so naturally that is what he is now interested in. I think Nate is just as excited about this new interest as Luke is! (*this is a combined gift between both sets of grandparents and parents :)!)
Does he look excited?!
I think he knew he was getting it, but he still looked so shocked ;)!
Nate had to be the first one to try it out, you know make sure it was safe for Luke and all.... !!!!
Lily decided to try the quiver and arrows on for size. I LOVE this picture of her!!
When we went to the store to pick out the perfect bow for Luke they sale's man suggested the one that was slightly bigger since he was almost too big for the next size down. Unfortunately Luke can't quite pull it back without assistance! (So Nate has him lifting weights every night, I am NOT joking...!!)
Good thing he has his dad to help him out!! I think this is a gift the whole family will get some use and enjoyment out of!
One happy kid!
We had to wait a few more days until we could have cake together, and again it was late at night, past bed time!
Luke wanted a triple chocolate cake; so it is a chocolate cake with chocolate chips and chocolate icing with M&M's on the outside, all from scratch (except, of course, the M&M's). It was pretty awesome if I do say so myself! I think that face says it all!!!
I am so grateful to be the mom of this super kid! And I have to say I love having a ten year old around, it makes my life so much easier!!! Love you Lukie!! Thanks for making me a mom for the first time!!
2 comments:
WOW, super cool boy gift! You can't really top that. He looks pretty excited. Glad he had a good birthday.
That is way better than a sling shot. He will be a pro in no time.
Post a Comment