Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Lily!!


My sweet little Lily, I can hardly believe it has already been five years since she came into our family! I also can't imagine our life without this little spirited girl! There is NEVER a dull moment with Lily around! Yesterday was her birthday, and she was SO EXCITED. She started her count down when Luke had his birthday, so it has made for a long few weeks! She was so excited she woke up at 6 a.m.!! (Which for her is AMAZING, as she is not a morning person.) She told everyone, everywhere she went that she was five, and that she would still be five tomorrow too :)! She had a special day, more on that later, but more importantly she is a special girl.
Lily has such a great sense of humor. Funny thing is, she has no idea she is funny and will sometimes get embarrassed that you are laughing. For example, she talks with different accents all the time and when you ask her how she is talking she always responds, "I am speaking Spanish of course!!" She is such an independent girl. Most of the time she will just play off by herself and I have to check on her several times to make sure she is still ok. (And that nothing is burning down or flooding etc..) She is also very mischievous! She loves to try new things, and has a great imagination which can sometimes be messy. She is very lovable, but super selective in whom she loves. She is a great helper to me and she is a much needed comic relief in a world that has a lot that can bring you down. She is such a wonderful little girl and I am so, so thankful that she came to our family! We would be lost without our little LilyBug!!! 

5 comments:

Jensen said...

22Happy Birthday, Lily!!

Wholly Duncan said...

Happy Birthday!

Beard Family said...

Wow!! Happy Birthday!! She is getting so big!!!!

Cheri said...

You always have such a great way of expressing your love for your kids and focusing on all of the strengths they have. I love the collage you put together and the list of ten favorite things of Luke. What a great idea.

Jana and Mario said...

Happy Birthday Lily Bug! We love you!!