Sunday, January 20, 2013

Catch Up

 (I had to use a different browser to get the photos to upload, so if anyone knows why it isn't working in Windows, let me know)

I have been trying to get caught up on this blog for a while and I have written this post three times now and lost it for some reason or another.  I am hoping this is the last time!
Nate's mom and step dad were able to come visit for Thanksgiving and we were so excited to spend some time with them!! The men had to work, but we finally found some time and ran up to Kirtland. It was cold and a little late so we weren't able to take the tour but we had fun anyways!
 Thanksgiving was delicious! We loved being able to spend it with family!
 Everyone all hungry and ready to eat!

 As soon as we were done eating, we hurried and cleaned up and jumped in the cars to head up to Niagara Falls! (Gayle had NEVER been!!) It was late when we got there, so we called it a night and got up early the next morning to head over to the falls. It was a cold and windy day, but we didn't mind too much!



 I told you it was windy!
 After Niagara, we went over to Palmyra, NY. I just love being able to visit places that have such meaning to us in our church history! This is the Palmyra Temple, you can see it standing at the entrance to the Sacred Grove. (At least when the trees are all dead....)
 Taking a pit stop before going into the Grove.
 I seriously LOVE these kiddos!
  
 Even though it was fall and the leaves were all gone, it was still so beautiful and so peaceful there. I just love that place!


 So glad these two were able to come and make such wonderful memories with us! We had a blast and will remember this trip forever!!!
 This special young lady is going to get baptized in less than two weeks! While we were in Palmyra at the church history sites, she was very pensive and kept talking about how excited she was to get baptized. She wanted a picture of just her sitting in the Sacred Grove. I am so proud of this girl!
The next day we went to the Grandin building to see the publication site of the first Book of Mormons. It was definitely worth the trip!


 They let the kids fold a few pieces of paper to see how it would have been done back when the book was published. They loved it!
We had such a wonderful time. We were able to do and see so much! I am so so glad that we had this opportunity to take Nate's parents to these wonderful places! Thanks again for coming and for the great memories!

1 comment:

mama_pj said...

We had the most amazing time! Thank you for a wonderful visit! Can't wait to come again! XO