Monday, February 4, 2013

A pretty big day

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, but I wanted to make sure this was blogged now.
This past Saturday, February 2, 2013, my little Gabby was baptized a member of our church! It was absolutely beautiful and perfect. (If you don't mind 12 degree weather and a blizzard!) It was a little treacherous to get to the church because the weather was really bad, but we all made it there safely and were able to enjoy a very lovely program. My mom and sister Tori had come the week before and Nate's mom and step dad flew in the night before. It was so nice to be able to share such a special event with so many loved ones (although we missed all the ones that were not able to make it).
 Gabby wanted to be baptized in a dress, like I was, instead of the jump suit. So, I made a really simple one and she was happy with it.
 I am so proud of this young lady! She really was so ready for this day and I had to keep reminding myself that she was only 8. She is just so mature for her age! We had the sister missionaries come give her a special baptism lesson and she gave half of it for them! They were amazed at her knowledge and depth of preparation.
Isn't she so adorable?!
 Gayle got Gabby this beautiful dress for after and I thought she looked like an angel!


It was a wonderful and monumental event in our home and I am just so grateful that I get to be the mother of this amazing young lady! I love you Gabby girl!

7 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

She is so cute. Wish we could have been there, but thanks for taking pictures so that we could kind of be there! Love you guys! So proud of you Gabby for your choice to get baptized.

Tiffanyann said...

She is such a sweet angel girl!! we miss our gabby girl. Wish we could have been there for her special day, it makes me realize Mary will be in a few months!! Love you guys!

mama_pj said...

This day will stand out in my memory as a super spiritual day! The air was filled with Gabby's sweet spirit and I knew she had been well prepared by her mom and dad. You have such a great family! XO

Ryan and Marci said...

Congrats Gabby!!!! We are so excited for you!

jdust said...

Congrats! What a special day.

Wholly Duncan said...

Congratulations to a sweet girl!

Cheri said...

I just love all the pictures you post on your blog and the great stories and descriptions you add to everything. What a great journal you have here. It is so great to be able to get a tiny view into how you are doing and what is going on in your lives. Thanks for keeping up on your posts. Gabby looks absolutely angelic.