It is amazing what can happen in a year.
One year ago I had the easiest delivery and recovery of my four babies. We welcomed the second biggest baby and third beautiful girl into our family.
One year ago I had the sweetest baby enter my life and four days later learned her life was not going to be an easy one.
I learned how to put a feeding tube into a babies nose. I lived through watching my baby struggle to take each breath and to eat a single ounce.
We grew together as a family, learned how to rely on others for help and learned to love this precious little angel.
We had to take our 6 week old little princess in for open heart surgery.
We had to watch her struggle still. Knowing the surgery had not gone as planned and that we would have to go through this all again. But we grew stronger together.
We got to watch this baby recover.
To finally start to grow!
To become more alert and full of life!
To develop a spunky, fun personality.
We got to share her sweetness with friends.
To see her light up our lives as well as many others.
Last year, when Evelyn Rose Tracey was born, I had no idea what the year held for us.
But looking back now, I am absolutely amazed and thankful for all that we have endured and experienced because of this little 8lb 2 oz bundle of joy.
She has shown me how to not take things for granted that I normally would. She has taught me that I need help.
She has allowed me to enjoy the baby stage for way longer then any other child ;)! (This is her with her banana birthday cake, that she can't eat. Hopefully physical therapy will help with her ability to eat solids soon)
Most of all, as I look back at the past year I am so amazed at the amount of love that I feel as I remember these things. Love from family, friends, strangers and most of all love from my Heavenly Father. I would not have made it through this year without my faith and without His support and Love. I would not have imagined all this growth and change was possible in just one year. And yet, here I am. Happy Birthday my sweet little Evelyn Rose. You are one special little girl and I love you so much! Thank you for the gift you have been to our family!

7 comments:
Holy cow I can't believe it's been a year! Yeah! Didn't know about the food though...you're an amazing mom!
Beautiful little girl and beautifully said.
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations on making through that tough year!
Look at her blossom! What a beautiful baby!
What a sweet tribute to your darling little girl. She will treasure that when she can read it.
How I adore that sweet baby! She is such a blessing and miracle. Keep on fighting and growing beautiful Evie. Love you!
She is so beautiful! Her face shines!!! I'm so glad that she's been doing so well with all of her physical challenges. I wish we lived closer so I could have been there to help you.
Post a Comment