Monday, April 29, 2013

Miss Independent

Evelyn has been slowly developing her own little personality, and it is so fun! For so long she was just this "sick" baby. There was so much that went along with that, that I wondered if she would ever just be a "normal" baby. The answer is yes, she is turning into a very "normal" baby :). She wants to do everything herself these days. I think she has finally had enough of everyone poking her, prodding her, doing tests on her. Last week at her Neurology appt she refused to do the tests the doctor wanted. Then she did it on her own after he left to write stuff on the computer. He watched her and said, "Wow. She is a pill." She has an attitude, and I LOVE it! ;) (Though I admit there are times I don't. Like when I want to help her not make a mess eating and she refuses my help, making a bigger mess in the process...) It is just great to see that she isn't going to take all her struggles lying down. I knew she had fight in her, but she has more than I thought!!

She loves this rocking chair. And of course she doesn't want help getting into or out of it. The other day she face planted it trying to get out. It gave her a little bloody nose.  But do you think she would let me help her 15 minutes later? NO. She wouldn't. And she has her daddy and siblings completely wrapped around her cute little finger. But I wouldn't have her any other way. It makes me so happy to see her testing herself, determined to do things that others say she shouldn't. She has so much spunk and life in her. She needs it. She is still a little behind, but she is catching up. She is able to eat solids (yay!!!) and she is starting to babble and make sounds!!! Her progress is slow, but it is progress. And with an attitude like she has, it won't be long until I hear the infamous "NO!" that kids her age love so much ;)!!!

6 comments:

Wholly Duncan said...

What a beautiful gift she is, and the cutest face ever! So happy to hear she is giving you some spunk!

Jo Jo said...

Beautifully written! We're so happy for you and that spunky little girl!

Ryan and Marci said...

Oh my goodness she is growing up so fast!!!!! She is such a sweetheart!!

Wendy said...

she is so adorable and I miss her cute little face!!!! She is a fighter for sure!!!

Cheri said...

I'm guessing you took that snapshot before she got the bloody nose or cleaned her up before taking it. I don't see any evidence of it. She is absolutely precious. You sure have a way with words, Andrea. You help me realize how appreciative I should be for having these independent little people in my life, even though that makes me crazy at times.

mama_pj said...

Independence is what makes us strong and gives us courage to handle the trials that come our way. I am grateful that Evie has an independent soul!
Besides that she is such a beautiful baby! XO