Friday, March 22, 2013

Amendment


Remember THIS?? When Lily was a toddler, I often wondered if she would EVER grow out of her defiant, stubborn, ornery, getting into everything stage. It is now hard for me to even remember her being that way!!! Because of weather and spring breaks, Lily has not had preschool most of March. Which means she has been home with Evie and me every day. Now I may not let her go to school in the fall!!!! She has turned into one of the sweetest, most helpful, loving, kind little girls I have ever known!!! Today I was trying to get the down stairs picked up and trying to make lunch. Lily had wanted to help me, but when time came I couldn't find her. I yelled for her, but she never came. So, I just did it all without her. A few minutes later she came down the stairs and before she could say anything I said, "Where have you been?! I was calling for you to come help, but since you didn't come I did it without you!" She looked so sad and in a small voice said, "Well, I was up cleaning the play room for you since you always have to clean everything by yourself." (Oooops mom!)

She does stuff like that all the time. She will see Evelyn crying and run to help her before I can even think to react. She loves to draw pictures for everyone (chances are she has drawn one for you, but I just never have stamps to send them...) She ALWAYS says thank you for the "delicious" food after anything I make for her. (Even if she doesn't like it.) She will notice when you are sad and goes out of her way to make you happy. She is a gem and I just wanted to make sure I wrote that down for her to see in the future :).

4 comments:

Wholly Duncan said...

Sweet girl!

Cheri said...

What a sweetheart. It is so nice to see those kind acts coming through in our children. It is all because you work so hard to teach your children kindness and service and to help others before being asked. These are the moments you can watch and say to yourself, "I am doing something right". I know that is how I feel when I see those things in my own children.

Greta Henricksen said...

It is always nice when they are better than us.

mama_pj said...

She is such a sweet girl! You are a blessed mama :)