I never got around to finishing my posts last week, so here are just a few more pictures from the few warm days that we had. It has been such random weather here, 60 degrees one day then snowing, icing and single digits the next. We sure are glad that we are in a warmer house this year!! Also Lily has learned how to pray... well in her own way! As soon as we sit down to eat, even if it is just a snack, she folds her arms and starts to mumble her own prayer. Then she smiles and waits for us all to join her! It is so cute that I had to capture it on camera!!
On Valentine's Day it was so warm out that we all went outside to play baseball in our back yard. Then Lily and Luke jumped on the trampoline for a little bit while Gabby took a mandatory "rest" inside until she chilled out!! It was so much fun and the kids LOVED getting to play with dad even for just a little while. That night the kids went to our friends house (we switched nights of babysitting) while we came home to a meal ALL prepared by Nate!! Wow is all I can say!! (And for all of those who sampled the "toxic" brownies he made before, he got tips before this meal so as to not make the same mistakes again!!!) He was so proud of himself that he is still telling people how awesome of a meal it was!!
I have a quick story to tell about Luke, I DID title this Random so you can't complain!! On Friday Luke went home from school with a friend who I am not all that familiar with. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I was really sick again and Nate was taking me into the Dr again and so one less kid is really a help. I have talked to the mom a lot so I felt ok with it, just not as good as I would have liked. Anyways when we finally got home and called to have Luke brought home it was bedtime so they had fed him already. When the mom dropped him off she said she had a story to tell us. Apparently she had made dinner for the boys and set it at the table for them and was going to just leave them there while she and he husband went in the other room to eat. He stopped her and asked if they were going to say a blessing on the food first. She, not being a really religious person, was a little taken back. She said her husband was trying hard to keep from laughing because that was just not something she EVER did. She thought a minute and asked Luke if he would go ahead and do it. He looks her in the eye and says, " No that's ok, you can do it." She said there was just no getting around this boy so she had to say a prayer for the food. She thanked us for doing such a good job raising this little boy! I just thought that was such a wonderful way to show that even simple things can have an impacted on someones life. Who knows how that will affect her in the future, but it made an impression for at least that moment. I love you Luke!!




6 comments:
LOL that is too funny Luke made her pray! Cute pics :)
That's awesome! Way to go Luke!!
I love the story with Luke! What a great example kids are!!
Good job Luke! That really is great that he is such a good example! Good job mom and dad!
Nice work Luke. Way to be a missionary! I am proud of you. Good job Nate and Andrea for raising such good kids. I love the pictures! XO
Andrea, that is the sweetest story about Luke. You guys are such good examples. I will remember that when I think that my children aren't noticing the little things. They truly do. I miss you and hope to see you soon. I hope you start feeling better little lady.
Post a Comment