For every mother there are things that she would rather not ever have happen in her happy little family. One such thing for me would be to have my beautiful daughter, who has very thin hair, take scissors to her own hair. Well, last night we had some friends over for family night and while we parents were enjoying each others company, my daughter thought it would be great to have her little friend help her do this to herself!!!!
I walked in the room to throw something in the trash and found this pile of once beautiful long golden trusses. I ran to Gabby to see where it had all come from. Luckily she decided she was more of a cosmetologist then I thought and she inflicted most of the damage at random intervals throughout her hair so as to just look like layers. But a large portion of the damage was done just under her right ear. Fortunately she had her hair half up so it is under a thin, and I do mean THIN, layer of hair so it is somewhat unnoticeable. I think I will never know what possessed her to do this to herself, but at least it isn't as bad as it could have been.You see, now she has a pretty bad mullet!!! At least I do have that layer I can leave down until it grows out so people won't really notice it!!
10 comments:
Oh man I can't stop laughing. That sucks, but it is soo funny. She better get her hair growing out for the wedding. :) No wedding mullets. LOL
When I was a kid, my brother and I did that to our younger sister. Our mom about wrung our necks.
That's so sad! Wynn cut Gracie's hair when she was only six months and I about lost it. Later that day I noticed he had also cut the shirt she was wearing. scissors aren't accessible at my house any longer.
I am so grateful that hair grows back! You know the haircut can never take away from how beautiful Gabby is. I remember when Jana was little, she gave herself a hair cut just before Easter Sunday-her bangs..to the scalp. She wore a bonnet to church Easter morning. I hope you save her hair for her baby book!
Oh no! I have the same fear, but we haven't had anything that serious happen yet. Thank goodness hair grows back. Hopefully it won't take too long to grow back in!
Oh how sad!!! Tally was our first to get the bang butcher... just a couple weeks ago. Ya, lucky it wasn't too bad!
Yikes!! I am so sorry!!!! I remember that happening last summer to both girls and I wanted to cry, laugh, etc. Hopefully this is the only time you'll ever have to worry about it with her!!!
How are you feeling by the way?
So, yes you are right. We need to plan a weekend to come down and see you guys. I don't know if sometime in June would work...(I wish we could get Erin and Kristin to come too!) I would love to see that OLD MILL place you took pictures at. Also sometime in the next few years I want to do the Kentucky Mammoth Caves with you guys. So when are we going to make all this happen!?
Oh dear! I have that fear as well, and so far it hasn't happened (knock on wood). Gabriella and I have had a few talks about it as her friends have done it and she watches me cut Jacob's hair a lot. As mom mentioned, I experimented with it myself (I remember doing it even), sorry mom. It's just in time for a cute spring hair cut! :)
looks like Nathan when he was little! Jason
Oh man! So sad... but every kid has to have a story for when they are older right. At least she is still a cutie. So great to see you again this weekend. Hope you get feeling better. Thanks again for your help!
Post a Comment