Friday, May 22, 2009

Ah Friends!!

Every time we go to Utah I always have a long list of good friends that I want to visit, people that have really meant something to me in my life. However we always go home having visited NONE of them!! This time wasn't a whole lot better, but at least I was able to see two of them. My very first roommate at BYU, or ever that wasn't a sister, was Kristin Johnson who is now Kristin Hawkins. We lived together at BYU for two years and have kept in contact ever since. Right after we got married we would get together with our other roommate, Kirsten, and her husband Ammon and have dinners once a month. It was so much fun! However everyones career choices have taken us all over the US so we haven't seen much of each other in years!! It was such a treat to be able to see her and her cute boys even if it was just for a few hours!! This awesome lady meant a lot to me during some important times in my life!!
Our kids got along pretty good for not having ever really met each other until now!!
The second friend, or I should say FRIENDS, that I got to see were my Steele girls! Kristen and I were friends in high school and had some good fun together, but after we graduated and were in college is when we really became great friends and I became good friends with her two wonderful sisters Shelby and Kodi as well!! Kristen is A HUGE part of why I am married to the man of my dreams!! I was living down at BYU and she was at our home stake singles ward. She would come down almost every Tuesday to my apt. so we could go to devotional together and she could make "goo, goo" eyes at her now husband Paul. (you know you did Kristen!!) One of those Tuesdays she said she had the PERFECT guy for me. I of course rolled my eyes at her, but she insisted that her and her sister's new home teacher, Nathan Tracey, was my future husband. So I bet you can guess the rest... but it is more then that. These girls were amazing and I LOVE them for everything they did for me!! And yes Kristen I love you for telling me what an IDIOT I was being when I broke up with Nate and helped me realize what a mistake it would be!! Seriously you girls are the best!! ( And Shelby and Kodi married two of Nate's bestest friends from Kansas, they are his "adopted" brothers for all intents and purposes) We had a nice visit until Gabby threw up all over their mom's kitchen!! SORRY again!! The sickness lasted until we left so that is why we only got to see two friends, but hey at least I made progress!!! (Besides there is always next time;)!!! )I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!

2 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

Oh... I love love you too! I can't wait until you live 2 hours away (and I keep bugging Paul about that new car so I can drive the 2 hours).

And thanks for cropping my gut out of the picture, you rock!

Debbie said...

Next time, I am totally on the list!! :) And I seem to remember some moments where an RA was needed to mediate some issues between roommates in a certain room in U-Hall. ;) Love ya! :)