Two years ago we moved out here to West Virginia so Nate could go to Med school. We didn't get a chance to come looking for houses so we picked one online and hoped it was as good as it sounded. It wasn't. So as soon as our year lease was up we were out of there!!! It was the best move we have ever made! I LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE the house we have been living in. Not only is it within bike riding distance from Nate's school, it is spacious, in a good neighborhood, has a nice big kitchen (a must!), a HUGE master bedroom with a bathroom in it, has an enormous yard and is close to everything in town. It really is a great house. I would stay here until Nate graduated if we could, but unfortunately we have to move yet again! The hospital here in Lewisburg is so small they have to farm the students out over the state for their clinical rotations 3rd and 4th years. That means we have to leave and go to Teays Valley. I think that I am a pretty adventurous person and I am willing to follow my husband wherever he takes us, so I was behind him all the way. Well he takes boards on June 17th and starts at the hospital out in Teays Valley on June 29th so we are supposed to be moving in that time; the problem?... WE DON'T HAVE A HOUSE YET!!!! We have been looking and looking since April. We have been out there, a 2 and 1/2 hr drive from here, two times and have been unable to find a house as nice, as spacious, or even remotely as nice or spacious for even close to the same price we are paying here! I am so discouraged right now! I am so worried and I am trying to just have faith and follow my husband, but we are taking about 3 weeks here!! I find places that are wonderful, just what we are looking for, then I call and they are asking more then we can afford (stupid tuition went up again!!!) or they are already rented! I really didn't think it would be this hard and I really really can't move into a 2 bedroom, 1000 sq ft place when we have 3 kids and aren't done having kids yet. Sorry this is more of a vent posting, but I have been spending hours online looking, calling and hitting dead ends for weeks now and I just can't take it! (Maybe this house has spoiled me but I don't think it is too much to ask to find a place we can actually fit in!!) For those who know me, I am a planner. I have things mapped out and prepared long in advance and I have a hard time "flying by the seat of my pants" or "going with the flow". Anyways, that is what is currently going on in the Tracey household. We hope to have a place soon, hope to move soon and hope to get settled into this next chapter of our journey.
On a side note I wanted to say how proud I am of my husband!! He finished his second year of med school with flying colors and I am sure will pass his boards the same way! He is amazing and I wouldn't be willing to do this with anyone else! Nate, you're the best, thanks for taking care of all of us and for still being a fabulous husband and father!( Now if only you could help me find a house... :)!!!)
4 years ago
5 comments:
Ahhh man that sounds so frustrating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)
oh the joys of a house hunt! I suggest trying to contact some bishops...we got the advice not too long ago, it might work???
I am praying specifically for you to find a suitable and affordable home for the next two years. Hugs and kisses, Mom
I'm still available to help in anyway I can, Andrea. Just let me know.
I hope you guys can find a house soon!! I bet that is really frustrating, especially for someone who likes to plan ahead. :) Tell Nate good luck on Boards!!!! Let us know if you need help moving because I think you're only an hour or so away & we'd love to see you guys.
Post a Comment