It is that time again, the time to start a new phase of life. Just when I feel comfortable and happy in my life and surroundings that is when it is time to rip us up and start all over! Really, I LOVED living in
Lewisburg; we had great friends, a great ward, and a great house/neighborhood/etc. We knew this time was coming, of course, but it still didn't prepare me for the actual event. Let me start by saying this move wasn't suppose to be as hard as it has turned out to be. Two of our good friends were going to be moving out this way as well. One family was going to be in a town 12 minutes away and the other was going to be about 25 minutes. Coming from where we were that was nothing!! We drove that far to church, I was so excited to have them close. Well about a month or two before the big move one of the families announced they were going to be transferring schools to one in his home town to save money, blah blah blah ;)!!
Ok, I guess I understand, but then the other family, (I TOLD you Tiff I am NOT letting this go!!!!), decided like 5 days before we make the move out here that they too are transferring to their home state!!! ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! Yup, they both abandoned me out here in Hurricane, WV. I know, I know, Tiff you are pregnant with #3 and you need your mom and Amy and everyone else, but seriously I am going to miss you and Dani!!!! (And at least Dani gave us enough time to get used to the idea ;).) So here we are, moved, but not yet fully unpacked and ready to start from square one all over again. I should get used to this I guess. I am so glad to be here, I know it is where we are supposed to be, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared or a little sad.
But on a happy note we are closer to some friends that we haven't in ages that we were really good friends with while we were at
BYU. I am hoping that we can see them and do more with them, but I know life is busy for residents!!
Well as we were packing up the truck to drive out here, Luke was attacked by wasps. Apparently he is allergic. He got bit on the lip and the arm, twice in each place. He swelled up like a balloon and his throat even swelled, thank goodness for
Benedryl!! The swelling lasted for 4 days, but he is all better now!!
Here he is on day 3. (Ignore the messy face...)

Here is the home we are leaving, it doesn't look like much on the outside, but it was so nice and big on the inside!! (I still need to get one of the new house, it is coming...)

Yesterday we had a special treat when the Barnards stopped by on their way driving out to Arizona. (Should have been Huntington....) The kids were excited to have one more time playing for a little while. We were able to go get ice cream together and just hang out. We sure are going to miss them!!! Gabby and Mary have been the best of friends, it will be hard not to have them close. But we know it isn't goodbye forever, we will at least all see eachother again at Lily and Logan's Wedding!!! ;)


Well that was a really all over the place post, but that is where I am at right now. Oh we had a nice Father's Day/birthday for me on Sunday; it was low key, nothing fancy but nice. I did want to say a quick I love you and thank you to my awesome husband who is a fantastic father!! He makes my life so much easier and more fun, he is the best and I am lucky to have him. Also to my dad, he is one of my heros and I love him very much. I am blessed to have these great men in my life!!
Now it really was all over the place!! I will have to be better about keeping up to date once the internet is set up and we are back into the swing of things!!
4 comments:
hellllooooo.....why haven't you sent me your address? I know that I am easy to overlook with everything else going on, but now I am your "less two hours away" friend---so that makes me important. ;)
Moves are always bittersweet. you have to leave good friends and places behind. You guys are so awesome though, you will have tons of new friends in no time!!
Will you email me your new address so I can mail you your late bday gift! :)
I was beginning to wonder if we were no longer friends?
The ward is having a big pioneer day party on the 17th and I know were combining it with you guys, you should come we live right down the street from the Kanawha state forest
I had no idea the Tiff and Dani transfered. I know you were great friends with them. Is your house close to Michelle. Hang in there, you will meet a ton of new friends.
Post a Comment