I have been falling behind in my blogging lately! Most of that is due to illness, stress of finding a place, stress from other stuff and just not making the time! But I am SOOOO HAPPY to report that we FINALLY found a place to move into in less then two weeks!!! (talk about cutting it close!! ;)) We made our last trip out to Teays Valley, yesterday, completely determined to not leave until we had a place. It started in tears when one of the places, the one I was SURE we would end up in, was filled during the weekend after I called but before we could make it out to see it. Then we had a long drive with kids who didn't want to be in the car for 3+ hrs, but we ended up being directed to the right place. We do have to downsize, but it will all be worth it. We will be blocks away from the hospital and church and the elementary school!!! (Not to mention COLD STONE!!! I forgot what one of those places looked like!!!) The place is a duplex, but is almost new and has a garage!! We will be loving it I am sure! I will have to post pictures one I get some. But the whole purpose of this post, aside from thanking all those who kept us in your prayers and offered wonderful advice... Thanks!!!, is to catch up on life!!
So first things first, after we got home from Utah, wow that was a while ago!!, we had some really nice weather and we pulled the sprinklers out and had some fun!

Ok so I have to explain this one!! Gabby needed to go potty, was all wet and Lily was sleeping inside so I told her to sit in the grass and go. So then she decided all on her own that she needed to "rinse" off this way! I almost died, I guess I will not have her do that again!!!


Next we had Logan's birthday party!! (For those who don't know Logan Barnard is Lily's boyfriend, and Mary Barnard is Gabby's best friend... really the Barnard's are our family out here, we love them and my kids consider them their second parents!!!) We missed you Amy!! (Tiff's sister Amy came out for a month to help out with Tiff's sick time during this pregnancy and we grew to love her too!)

Lily wasn't sure she wanted to get wet, so she stayed a safe distance from the dog sprinkler.


Yummy snacks that Tiff provided for the kids, Lily loved just sitting and eating and watching the other kids play!
Then we had Mary and Logan come over for some play time and dinner. The kids love getting together to play!!
Isn't he so handsome?! Lily is stating her claim early!! ;) They really are good friends, if one is crying the other comes over with a binky or blanket to make the other happy. Too cute!!
Then we had popsicles and more sprinklers over at the Barnard's again. (We aren't friends or anything...!!!) It was a lot of fun!


I loved the look on her face here!! She bit the popsicle for the first time and wasn't sure if she liked how cold it was...turns out she did!

Ah Mary we love you!

And Finally...if you are still reading this really long boring post!!!, we had Luke's kindergarten end of the year presentation. They sang 3 songs and danced two dances. I didn't know it was a presentation they just sent home a note saying they were having a class party. But the night before during Luke's night time prayer he asked that he wouldn't be nervous the next day. AND he WASN'T!! All the parents commented that Luke knew all the words and actions the best and asked if he had practiced hours at home! I had to tell them all no, it was due to his prayer. I love this boy!! He is such a good performer, he has had solos or duets in both Primary programs out here (that may or may not have to do with the fact that his mom is the Primary Pres....) and also at the ward Christmas party; so it was no surprise to me that he did great!!
Luckily he didn't get his dad's rhythm!! ;) He was a pretty good little dancer if I do say so myself!!
Gayle, this picture is for you, recognize this tongue in the cheek expression from anywhere?!

And now I think we are mostly caught up!
8 comments:
I am so happy that you found a place to live! I loved the fun summer pictures-it looks so beautiful there! The kids are adorable-as usual and I definitely recognize that look from Luke! I love it! hugs and kisses to all
WOW! I want to come play at your house. Looks like a blast. I'm glad you found a place. Good luck with the move.
yeah to finding a place!!! Cute pics. I am glad you took pics of his bday becuase being the great mom that I am I didn't take any!!
Yay I'm so glad to hear about all of your fun stuff. And WHEW on the new place too huh. haha I'm so glad you found one.
Congrats on finding a place to live! The pics are cute.
Glad you found a place to live, what a relief! Now you can enjoy these last few days before you move :)
Okay, I am in SHOCK with how much your kids, and Tiff's kids have grown. They look so old and they are darling! I am sad we didn't get to join in the fun in these pictures. Hope your move goes well and that you find friends fast. Good luck with the move and boards!
It was good catching up on what your family has been up to. It sounds like life has been crazy for you the past few months. Your new place sounds great! Are you close to the Harmans? I hope you love your new area. Love ya, Chaney
Post a Comment