On Tuesday August 11th Nate and I celebrated our 8th anniversary here:

In the entire eight years that we have been married we have only left our children over night twice, not because we are afraid to leave them, but because we either haven't had the time or means to get away. This year I was sure would be like all the rest and was completely surprised when Nate informed me that we would be going to a bed and breakfast for the night. He had arranged for our good friends, DeNae and Stan Isrealsen, to watch the kids and had made reservations at this little place an hour and a half away. Not only is it a bed and breakfast, but it is also home to the best Italian chef in all of West Virginia. (So we were told.)It was so much fun to get away and to spoil ourselves. I have to admit that I was unsure that we could do it on our very limited budget, but I was advised to just let it go. Nate has been working with a family practice doctor for the last 5 weeks and she was the one who had suggested this little place. As we were sitting at dinner the waitress came and informed us that Nate's doctor had called and was picking up our dinner bill for the night! I was shocked, it was such a kind thing to do and completely unexpected!! (And it cut our overall cost in half!!!) I am so thankful that my husband is such an amazing man that he impressed this doctor enough that she would be willing to do that for us! And I have to tell you that the food was unbelievable!!! I had never really had true Italian food, just American imitation, and it was amazing! I would love to go back someday and I recommend it to anyone in the area!

This is the building we stayed in, there are three. There is the main house, and it has the nicest rooms, and then the other house that is behind the main house and then there was our place which is off to the side. We took a walk up the road a ways to the Elk River Dam. There wasn't really anyone out so I did my best to get some shots of the two of us.


It was so wonderful to be able to spend quality time together and remember why it is that we feel in love with each other in the first place. I am such a lucky woman to be able to be married to my best friend and to the man of my dreams as well. My life would be empty without you Nate, thank you for eight wonderful years and to all the years to come!
12 comments:
How fun and relaxing. Kuddos to Nate for planning it. Don't ever feel bad about spending money on your marriage, it is the best investment you can ever make!!!
Wow - way to go Nate!
Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Andrea if anybody deserves a night away it's you. I'm glad you got to have fun for your anniversary. I miss ya, Chaney
Happy 8th Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate, and Nate did a great job planning it. You two are too cute!!
That place looks soo cool. I'm glad you got to celebrate :)
Happy Anniversary! That sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate! The bed & breakfast looks really cute.
What a great anniversary! Congratulations on 8 great years. You are wonderful together. Keep up the amazing relationship. XO
congratulations. What a fun suprise! It looks like a really cute place too. Good job nate!
Way to go Nate for planning that!!! How fun to get away!! I bet it was hard to go back.
Happy late anniversary!! I'm so glad you two were able to get away for a wonderful evening. You really needed that after the past two years and the move. Love you!!
Yeah! I am glad you guys got to get away. I thought of you guys on your special day. Congrats on 8 years! To eternity!!!
Happy 8th anniversary!!! I am so glad you guys got to go away and do something so wonderful-just with the two of you. Can you believe how fast 8 years have gone? It seems like we were just in Manti for your wedding!!
Thanks SO MUCH again for the wonderful weekend we had with you guys. You seriously let us get away, pampered us, and let us relax. We had a great time and want to get together more often. I need to give you a call later this week. Thanks again for everything!!!
Post a Comment