Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Coonskin Park

Radiology is done and now Nate has a little break before he starts ER. It has been so nice!! I almost forgot what it was like to have a husband around, so we have been taking full advantage of our time together! Luke is still in school, thanks to so many snow days, but we decided we couldn't just sit around wasting the time. Last week we ventured out to Coonskin Park in Charleston near the airport. (And when I say near I mean you can see the airplanes fly in right overhead, it's crazy!!) We started out at the playground and had fun swinging and watching the planes come in.
Then we drove about a half a mile down the road to this fun little stream bed that the Israelsen's introduced us to last year. The girls we so excited to get wet!! (it was in the 90's after all!!)
Nate tried skipping some rocks and wanted me to take pictures of it. I got some really cool ones, but decided not to blog pictures of rocks. (A shock to all my family, I know.)


We stopped to have a picnic that Nate had packed us. (Yes he really did pack it all by himself, I had been at the hospital doing some tests so he did it for me.)


While we were eating we saw these beautiful blue butterflies!! I have no idea what they are called, but I thought they were so pretty!!

Then we got back into the water for a little while longer before we had to go get Luke from school.
It was so nice and refreshing and absolutely beautiful!! I really love that we are able to do these fun things together in between all the craziness!!

6 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

I miss that beautiful landscape...green, green ,green!

I am so glad that Nate has been able to have more time off and that you have been able to have him around more.

Let me know when you are in town!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

I can't wait til we get to go there. Its only 4 more days! I love that part of our country and it will be fun to get you andrea in some pictures!!! Love you guys tons!!

Travis and Oriana Taylor said...

fun fun fun!!! those pics you got of the blue butterflies are amazing by the way!!! and what cute girls you have :)

Greta Henricksen said...

What a lovely day that must have been. I am glad you get to enjoy all that beauty. Are you doing ok? Whenever i hear hospital and blood tests in the same sentence, that is not a good thing.

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! You're such a great photographer. I stole some pictures from your blog (of Cinco de Mayo finally) for a blog post. You should check it out--your pictures are the best ones on there. Also, will you send me those softball pictures when you get a chance? Thanks!