Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gabby's Glasses

(This post is for you Nate!)
We have been in Utah now for about two weeks and have been having all kinds of fun. I have so much blogging to catch up on, but for now I am posting the biggest event that has taken place. GABBY GOT HER GLASSES!!!!! We found out in January that she needed glasses and weren't able to get her into a doctor until the week before we left for Utah. It turns out that she was in need of glasses more then we thought, she is both near and far sighted! Her glasses are pretty thick so we had to pick out a pair that wouldn't make her eyes look too big. The glasses came in after we left so Nate had to send them to us here at my parents house. Right after she got them on, a helicopter flew by. She looked up and exclaimed, "MOM, I can see the spinning things!!!" Then a little while later she looked at me and said, "Um mom, you look at little....bigger... with my glasses on." Oh boy, thanks!!! I was sad and told my mom that she told me I was fat, she over heard me and said, "MOM, I didn't say THAT!! I just meant that you are, you know, ....taller... that's all." LOL!!! I tried so hard not to die laughing!! It is neat to see her rediscovering the world!! We love you Gabby Girl and I think you look great in glasses!!!

7 comments:

Savoring the moments said...

She looks adorable!!

Unknown said...

I agree -- I love the glasses, Gabby!! I totally remember rediscovering the world when I first got my glasses. One of the first things I noticed was that the trees weren't just green blobs, they had leaves!!!

Oliphaunt said...

Great glasses Gabby! It's amazing how much clearer everything is now, right? I have had glasses since I was five, but mine were never as styling as yours. So chic!

Malinda said...

Andrea, she looks just like you in that picture!!!

Jana and Mario said...

Very cute glasses! Can't wait to see you soon.

Cheri said...

She looks so cute with her glasses. It was good to be able to see you guys and sad at the same time. I don't know how you all felt, but it seemed more like a farewell party. I hope we can still keep in contact with each other through our blogging.

Snarr Family said...

She looks so darling. It makes her eyes even more accentuated and beautiful! She is getting so old. I hope you guys are doing well. Are you still in WV? You will have to let us know what your future plans are with residency. Cuyahoga Falls/ Akron Ohio is always fun. Hint Hint!