Thursday, December 9, 2010

Trimming the tree


Our tradition each year has been to go cut down a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving with my family. However, since we no longer live by them and Nate has been so busy in school, we got a fake tree. It feels like a betrayal but Nate assures me we will be able to have a real one again someday. Anyways, we held with the tradition by setting ours up this year the day after Thanksgiving. The kids we so excited to get it out and decorate it, they hardly even got through their breakfast! I always love getting out the Christmas decorations each year and making the house smell like Christmas. I love Christmas. I love how everyone seems to be a little nicer, a little more loving and a little happier. I love all the decorations and all the goodies. And most of all I love how we can focus more on the Savior for just a small time of the year. In the world today so many have lost the focus of this holiday, but here in West Virginia they haven't. I am amazed at how many signs and stores celebrate the birth of our Savior. It makes me happy. I may live hours from a big city and an major airport, I may live where we're a little behind on trends, but I also live where we are cut off from the influence of others that say we can't say God. I live where people are still proud to be Christians, where they still say the pledge of allegiance in school and where it is more common to give thanks to God in all things then to not believe in him at all. I love that about West Virginia, especially at this time of year. So Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope you are able to enjoy it!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheri said...

That is so neat you were able to do all those multiple photos in one. I am so glad to hear there are still places around that are focused on Christ...and especially that you get the experience of living in one of those dwindling areas.