Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter

Easter this year was a little wet; we have had so much rain and crazy weather, I won't be sad for spring to end. Luckily the rain stopped as we were headed to church and held off until right after our egg hunt was done! Luke got a suit this year. I know it was a little big, but I wanted it to last a few years. Call me cheap, I'm ok with it. I really wanted to make the girls dresses again this year, but with packing to move and other stress I just couldn't get it done. It turned out looking for dresses was way more stressful and harder then it should have been. NO WHERE had dresses with sleeves or dresses that matched in both sizes. It was super frustrating. But two weeks later and 11 stores later, we found these. Gabby's didn't totally match and wasn't my favorite, but it was the best I could do. They didn't care, the candy was all they wanted anyways ;)!We tried to get a nice family picture, thanks Chisa for taking this! These pictures aren't in order, sorry. After dinner we had my families traditional Egg Wars. Luke and Matty tied for the win in the kids division. (They both had beat everyone else and then cracked each others on their last turn.)



Then Nate won in the parent division. I think everyone had fun, it made me not miss my family so much to carry on one of our traditions with friends.


Before dinner we had the dads hide the eggs so the kids could have an egg hunt. (All the school and community ones were cancelled because of rain.) It was super muddy, but luckily DeNae and Stan have a large deck in the back!






I love these kids! They are such good friends and good kids! It was a great Easter, Thanks Israelsen's, McLemore's, and Johnson's!!





2 comments:

Cheri said...

What beautiful dresses for the girls. Luke looks so grown up in his suit coat. The pictures look so nice, I love outdoor pictures, the lighting is always so much better. I am so glad you have such good people there that you have hooked up with and are able to feel so comfortable with.

mama_pj said...

The kids all look so cute! you did a great job on the matching dresses and of course my personal favorite colors...pink and green! Luke is growing into such a dashing young man. I am so excited to come visit! Counting the days!