Sunday, May 1, 2011

Homesick





When we moved away from all our family four years ago, we had high hopes that we would get to visit them at least one or twice a year. We have had the opportunity to go back for two weddings and a family reunion and were able to spend a good amount of time visiting. As this summer approaches, I can't help but feel a little sad. We are moving to Cleveland, which is exciting, but we are moving away from all of our friends AGAIN, and no where near any of our family. Usually this is when we would plan a trip home. But we are moving, and Nate is starting residency. On top of that my parents are moving to California. It is weird, my family will no longer be in one central location. We will have family in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and California. That kind of makes it hard to see everyone. And I LOVE to see my family. ALL OF THEM. It is hard to have them all growing up, getting married, having kids, having the kids grow up and missing it all. I love them all and I just miss them. I hope they all know how much I love them. That includes ALL of my family, the immediate and extended. I am going to miss seeing them all. Just so they ALL know, my house is ALWAYS open to visitor!! PLEASE, come see us!!!



Posted by Picasa


5 comments:

Cheri said...

We miss you as well and are so sad not being able to see your kids having all of these milestones, like losing teeth and hearing their funny comments. We really hope we will be able to make it out your way sometime soon and see your new house. (If it works out)

mama_pj said...

We miss you too! But in just a few weeks we will be there to celebrate Nathan's graduation with you. We can hardly wait! Until then we send our love and hugs and kisses until we can get there are give them in person.

Jana and Mario said...

I am so excited that I get to come out and see you WV before you move, it has been one of my goals. We will work on coming to OH, that can be my new goal! Love you!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Having you both coming out is the only thing that is making the homesickness bearable!! We are very excited!!
Cheri, I would LOVE to see you guys!! I know it is tough though. At least we have blogs to keep somewhat connected!! :)

Wendy said...

Its hard for us too. We miss you so much and last summer was so fun. We had a great time driving across the country to get you home for a while. Wish we were doing that again this year. We will get together sometime! I love and miss you!