Saturday, July 30, 2011

Great Lakes Science Center

Back at the beginning of June we decided to take a trip up to the Great Lakes Science Center on the banks of Lake Erie. I was so excited to take the kids there, our kids LOVE museums and especially science ones. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I hoped it would not disappoint, and it certainly didn't! We spent 3 hours there and still didn't get to see all of the museum! The kids were sad we had to go, but it was closing and dinner time. We will definitely have to go back! The first part we went to was the NASA exhibit. I think Nate was having just as much fun, if not more, with all the simulations they had that you could do! He spent about 25 minutes sitting here trying to perfect the space shuttle landing! (He would have stayed longer but the kids were ready to move on.)






They had so many hands on things to do, I stopped taking pictures half way through because I got into it too!




Then outside they had this huge freighting ship that is no longer in use. They turned it into a museum and added it to the science center. The kids LOVED it. We got to tour almost the whole thing. I have to admit I was getting nervous as we climbed higher and the kids were trying to look over the edge, especially when Nate picked them up to look over!


I was really glad we were able to go and we will most definitely be going back!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I love those types of museums where they have so many hands on, interactive displays. It makes learning so much fun.

Wholly Duncan said...

Looks like so much fun, I think mine would love it too!

Greta Henricksen said...

What a fun looking place.