Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ten Amazing Years

It's hard to believe that ten years ago I married the man of my dreams, hard to believe that ten years ago I was just starting my life with this amazing man, hard to believe how little I knew back then, hard to believe that I have already had ten amazing years! I remember when I first got engaged, I thought I was so young and wondered if I was really prepared for this journey. I remember when we had been married one whole year and I thought that was SOOOOO long! I remember thinking I would be so old by the time I had been married 10 years. Funny how your perspective changes. I still feel so young at times, but when I think of all that we have been through I realize how much I have changed over these last ten years. I have learned things about myself I never knew, I have learned how strong I am, I have also learned how weak I am, I have learned how to rely on someone else and how to trust that someone else. I have learned to love more deeply than I ever thought I could. I have learned what forgiveness is all about, I have learned how to be a better wife, a better mother and a better person. I have learned what true happiness is, I have learned how to let things go, I have learned how to put others needs before my own and that I am happy to do it. I have learned that I have a lot to learn still! But most importantly I have learned that I love this man with everything I have and that he is absolutely my one and only. We have been through a lot together and he has always been there for me. It hasn't always been easy, I would be lying to say our lives have been perfect from the moment we got married. (Anyone who was at our wedding knows that is a lie, after all we forgot the marriage licence and had to scramble to get a new one so we could get married on time!) But I wouldn't change any of it. It has made us into who we are, it has taught us so much, and it has forged an unbreakable bond between us. I know we have a lot more to learn and a lot more to change, but I am so thankful to be on this journey with my best friend. With the love of my life. With my Nathan.

So Happy Anniversary my love! Thanks for choosing me, for loving me and for being there for me!

10 comments:

KeiserFamily said...

yay! congrats on enjoying the good times and working through the rough ones:) miss you both

Lisa/Scott said...

Happy anniversary Andrea!! Wow...I remember being on my mission and hearing that you were engaged, I thought THAT was weird, now it's been an entire decade. Crazy.

Beard Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Cheri said...

You are so incredibly good at expressing yourself. That was such a sweet post to read. Congratulations on 10 years.

mama_pj said...

Congratulations! You are an amazing couple on an incredible journey. I am proud of you both! Love you!

Kirsten said...

I can't believe ten years have gone by now. It's gone by so fast...for both of us. I remember like yesterday, you and Nate on your honeymoon and our wedding. You guys are amazing and congratulations on ten years!!!

GreenPhoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GreenPhoenix said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary you two! Thank you for posting this.

Jenny

jdust said...

congrats! I remember when Tyler and I baby sat for you when you went and celebrated your 5th anniversary. I rememberthinking that 5 years was so long. Now I'm past that. It is crazy how time flies by. I am so happy for you two and your sweet family. I still miss all of our fun game nights and think of you often.

keith said...

Holy Cow you guys must be ancient! Ten years... really? Congrats you two... you were made for each other *smirk*. All kidding aside you have been a great example. We miss you both a ton. Hope you had a great anniversary!