Monday, August 29, 2011

Ward Campout

I have been really slacking in the blogging area. Not that I don't I have pictures to blog, I do, but up until very recently I haven't been able to hold my cookies down long enough to sit in front of the computer to organize and edit all the pictures I have. So I hope that in the very near future there will be a plethora of new post, but you'll have to forgive that they are WAY out of order and super old news.


To start off I will go with a more recent event, our ward camp out. Since our stake is the Kirtland Stake, our ward camp out was naturally at the John Johnson Farm. It was really neat! Since it was the weekend of our anniversary Nate had taken the time off and got to go with us. The kids were SOOOO very excited to go camping, and to get out of the house!! This is Luke sporting Nate's hat. (can you tell he is excited to go camping? I didn't see him most of the time, he was running around with the boy pack getting bruised and dirty. It was great!)Lily was excited to "help" set up the tent. Luckily there were some men there to help, I was busy loosing my lunch. Once we got there and got the tent set up Gabby and Lily got their friends to come hang out in our tent. (Lily, Emma, Gabby, Eden and Grace)



The girls then went exploring through the woods. At least until someone discovered the poison ivy and a wasp nest. Then the kids weren't allowed to go off the beaten path. But Gabby sure was proud of this neat spot she found!



It was a fun camp out and we really enjoyed getting to know some of the families a little better. On the way home we stopped at a great little farm and bought some delicious peaches! It was a fun time together as a family, one I hope the kids will remember! On a side note when we got home I noticed this big white ball in the yard. I assumed the kids left one of their balls outside. Turns out it was a MUSHROOM! I'd never seen one grow that big in a yard before! I guess someone needs to be better about the yard work around here.....!



2 comments:

Wholly Duncan said...

Cute pictures, especially of Luke in the hat. Glad you're feeling a little bit better!

Cheri said...

That has got to be the biggest mushroom I have ever seen. I can see why you thought it was a ball. Sounds like a fun time. Looks like Luke has a real smile in his picture with the hat on.