Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of School

We have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this day to come!! All of the other schools have started by now, except for my kids. Our school district had a major overhaul this summer, and our school in particular, so they needed extra time to get all the new teachers oriented and to let the new principle get everything in order for the coming year. Today the day is finally here! The kids were so excited that they got up at 6:15 am this morning!! Last year that would have been perfect, but this year the kids are lucky enough to not have to start school until 8:45!! (That is great for me :)!) With all the extra time we were able to have a big breakfast with whatever the kids wanted. We took our time getting ready but we were still all ready to go by 8:05. (Like I said the kids have been so excited for school that they had everything ready weeks ago!) They don't look as excited in these pictures as they actually were, but that is because for some reason they have these fake smiles for pictures and I can't get them to be natural in them no matter what I do!! Lily doesn't start her preschool until next week, but she was so excited and wanted to get in on the fun anyways.






Luke and his teacher Ms. Riley. We got to come meet the teachers earlier this week and attend the new student orientation so Luke already knew he liked his teacher. She seems perfect for him! (Sorry the picture is blurry, Lily wouldn't let go of my arm!)


Gabby and her teacher Ms. Berge. She seems like a nice lady and I hope Gabby enjoys her class.


I'm excited for the school year. They have made some great changes in the curriculum and I think it will greatly benefit the kids. They are so ready for this year, I am so glad that my kids like school! We'll see how they say their first day went!! Go Tigers!!





3 comments:

Wendy said...

If they are anything like their mom and dad they will love it. They will be so excited to go back the next day!!! Luke is getting so Tall!!!! So crazy! Can't wait to come and visit. It won't be soon enough for me!!!

Tori de Hoyos said...

NO Andrea, not TIGERS, BRUINS. Come on, where is that Bruin spirit?!

Julie said...

Andrea is just finally coming over from the dark side! Tigers all the way!