We met with the heart team yesterday and it looks like surgery is scheduled for April 16th. I am glad to finally know when it will happen, but at the same time I am not sure I am ready for this. They did another Echo to check on her hole. It is has not improved at all and in fact they found two more holes. That brings the total to 4. The one in the upper chamber has not healed and so they will fix that one. The large ventricular septal defect, the main hole, is in such a precarious place that they are only 90% sure that they can patch 90% of it. However Nate assures me that 90% closed will be enough. The other two are at the bottom of the ventricle and they couldn't tell how big they were. So we won't know until surgery if they are able to close them as well. They said her defect is tricky and so her surgery is considered high risk, not routine like most vsd's. They said this was one of the biggest holes they have seen. That means she will likely have to stay in the hospital a week to two weeks instead of only 4 days, and the chance that she'll need a pacemaker is very high. BUT she has gained even more weight! She has now gained a FULL pound since she was born, seven weeks ago.
I feel so calm and peaceful about it all. That doesn't mean that I feel like this is going to be a breeze, or even that everything is going to go the way I want it to. It means that I know the Lord is in control and that he is aware of us. It means that should the worst happen, I know without a doubt that it is what is the best. I know there is life after death, I know the plan of salvation is true. Should something happen, I have this baby forever. She is mine. It also means that she could have complications. But it also means that she could be fine. I really don't know. But the Lord does, and I trust him. I really do. I am amazed at the amount of peace and assurance I feel. I always wondered how people struggling with health issues could say they felt "peace" and "calm" while going through their trials. I now know. I am so grateful for that knowledge. I am so grateful for my testimony and my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I don't know how I would deal with all of this without it and without the love of my Savior. I am truly blessed.
Again, thank you to all of you. So many who are offering prayers in our behalf, we are strengthened because of you, you have no idea. We are so blessed to know such wonderful people. Thank you!
3 comments:
With tears in my eyes, I say thank you for this beautiful Easter testimony. You're such a strength to so many!
We love you guys and will be thinking of you. I appreciate your sweet testimony and example. She's beautiful and I love the pic of her with her Daddy!
We continue to pray for strength and healing for Evie and the rest of your sweet family. I know that our Heavenly Father is watching over and blessing you and that he loves Evie and you! I am grateful that you feel His comfort and wisdom. I send my love.
Post a Comment