4 years ago
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Pure
That is the best word to describe my little Gabby. I can't take ANY credit for her goodness, she came that way and luckily hasn't been tainted yet :). School has only been in for a little over a week for my kids. On Thursday we had a PTA Ice Cream Social where we got to mix and mingle with some of the staff of the school. Gabby's teacher happened to be there. She stopped to talk with Nate and me. She told us that Gabby, with out any prompting or encouragement of any kind, had befriended and taken the role of special friend and protector of a little girl in her class with severe autism. The teacher got emotional when telling us about how kind and loving Gabby is to this little Ellie. I was so touched by her compliment. I have to admit I wasn't suprised because Gabby did the same thing in kindergarten. They had a little girl with downs syndrome and Gabby was her special friend with out being asked to as well. But the most amazing part to me is that Gabby doesn't seem to notice that these kids are any different than she is. When I asked her about Ellie she said, "Well I like her mom. She is funny and very nice." I asked her if she noticed anything different, and if she knew why the other kids weren't always nice to her. She told me, "Well she seems to get lost a lot. Like when we are learning or going to other class rooms. But I just hold her hand and tell her what we are doing and where we are going." She honestly sees these children as they truly are; beautiful, wonderful children with challeneges that are more obvious to those around them. She doesn't think she is doing anything extrordinary, or special. And I love her all the more because of it. She has a heart of gold and I am so thankful to have her in my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Gabby is such a sweet girl!
This is a beautiful post! What a wonderful quality to have...what a special friend she is to everybody!
Such a wonderful little girl you have!
Aww! That's my Gabby Goo!
She is so darling. My kids feel the same way about their uncle (scotts brother) who has down syndrome. They honestly don't see anything different about him except that he like a lot of the same toys and movies they do, and they love him for it.
Post a Comment