Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ten, 10, Diez, X...!!!!!!

 
Every year as it comes time for yet another birthday, I am amazed at how quickly the time seems to be flying by me! It seems like I just wrote about how I couldn't believe he was nine and here we are at TEN!!! I have a child in the double digits. WOW. (And he wears deodorant now, remember?! ) There is hardly a day that goes by that someone isn't complimenting me on this wonderful young man. He is such a great kid! He tries to do what is right no matter what, he is a good example, he is kind, he is obedient, he is smart, he is my baby boy. (He is my ONLY boy!!) I am so blessed to have this little turkey as my child and as the oldest child in our family. He is the best big brother to all his sisters, he is a great help to me and I couldn't love him any more! For his tenth birthday I am going to write down ten things about Luke at age ten.
1. He LOVES to read. He reads at least two books a week, most over 300 pages a piece.
 
2. He plays the piano and practices without being asked to because he really enjoys it.
 3. He just started to play the Viola and also LOVES it. I guess you could say he just loves music, and has a natural ability to pick it up quickly.

4. He really likes Lego's and has them all over his room all the time.

 5. He love the outdoors.

6. His favorite color changes all the time. (It used to be yellow, I bet you couldn't guess that one ;), but now it is green, like his mom!)
 
7. He really, truly adores his baby sister, even though he had wanted her to be a boy. When he wakes up in the morning (usually around 6:15), if she is awake, he will take her for me and let me go back to sleep for a while. He always offers, I never have to ask, and he is happy to do it!
 
8. He wants to be a Paleontologist :).
 

 9. He also wants to learn archery. He has been reading a book series called "The Rangers Apprentice" and now he wants to be a "Ranger". (They use a bow and arrow instead of swords.)

10. He has a heart of gold. One day we were at the park and some 5th graders wanted to do something mean to Gabby. He told them they couldn't because she was his sister. Then he told them they could do it to him, but not her. They just left, but I can't imagine the courage it had to take to stand up to boys older then him AND offer himself in her place. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it!
Ten years has flown by, but I am thankful every day for this very wonderful young man. Luke, I love you so much and am so glad you are a part of our family! We wouldn't be complete without you!! Thank you for the amazing example you are to your sisters and to your parents! Happy Birthday Lukey!!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!! We are so proud to have you as one of our amazing grandchildren!! You are a great example to all of those around you! WE LOVE YOU!!! NANA and PA

Jana and Mario said...

Happy Birthday Luke! We love you!!

mama_pj said...

Luke, you are a wonderful young man and I love you so!

Lisa/Scott said...

Aww Happy Birthday little guy. Well I guess not so little anymore. Wow. He is so big. He seems like the most perfect big brother, oldest child ever!

Greta Henricksen said...

we sure miss your sweet family. You are all such lovely people to be around.