Easter is one of my favorite times of the year. I love how everything just seems to speak of the wonderful nature of the holiday. We celebrate the resurrection of our Savior and remember his atoning sacrifice made for each of us. I love how life seems to be breathed back into the world during this time. I also love that we get to spend time together as a family and share all this with each other. It has been hard being away from family during holidays like this when I know we are missing out on so many fun traditions, but I love that we are able to carry on some of our own. I carried on a tradition that used to be a part of my childhood... matching clothes for Sunday!! I found this fabric last year and have been waiting to make these dresses for my girls! Gabby loves hers and couldn't wait to wear it, mainly because it spins, wiggles and has "puffy" stuff coming out the bottom of it! (all things she requires in a dress or skirt to make it beautiful) Other traditions we carried on were doing an egg hunt out back (pictures will follow later...), getting together with family and friends for dinner (in our case friends that substitute for family), and the egg wars. It was a fun and beautiful day, even if it was a little chilly!! We took this family picture right before we left for church, still early in the morning and cool out. Lily did NOT want to sit still for it, but it turned out ok. (Gabby slept with sponge curlers because she wanted her hair to look like Lily's!! SO cute!)
This is my handsome little man! I can't believe he will turn seven this year!! Note the scratch on his cheek... courtesy of his little sister Lily - she is a scratcher!
Gabby wouldn't look at the camera for some reason so Nate had to try and bribe her to look at me, then she just gave us this courtesy smile. Oh well I still think she is a doll. I don't have a picture of Lily in her dress because she fell asleep on the drive home from church and then we took the dress of for her to eat. Oh well..
My two boys, I can't even express how much I love them!!! (Does anyone else see the striking resemblance?!)
Luke was kind enough to take a picture of Nate and me, he didn't do to bad either!
5 comments:
Holy crap, Luke looks so old now. I love the family picture, it is so adorable. I can't wait to see you next week. YAYAYAYAYAY
Great pictures! The entire family is beautiful. I am so excited that you will be here in only a few days! It snowed about 8 inches yesterday, but I am sure it will have melted by the time you arrive. XO
Cute picture of you and Nate. I can't believe how much Luke and Nate look like each other. Good luck in finding a place to live for next year. Isn't it a pain??? GREAT pictures! Your kids are darling. I can't believe how much Lily has grown. Hope you are doing well. Miss you guys
So cute!! What am I going to do without Adnrea for like 3 weeks, waaaaah!! Cute pictures, love them!! I will make sure that Mekynzie makes tostada's for luke on his 100th birthday, since I am pretty sure that I will not be around!!
What great pictures. Abbey is truly gorgeous! I can't believe how big Lilly is getting. Are you guys moving soon? I bet you are starting to pack your brains out. We are moving to Utah so we are starting to pack.
Post a Comment