Friday, December 11, 2009

Juicy!!

It is amazing what a new month can bring!!! (Ok I know we are pretty far into the new month, but I have had a few things on my plate to keep me from blogging so humor me!!) The month of December has started off with a lot of fun, excitement and surprises for our little family!! First off I got a phone call one morning from my Julie, in Utah, asking how far Charleston was from where we are because she just found a flight for super cheap and she was buying it!! And the best part?!?! She was coming in THAT Saturday!!! Only 5 days away!!! We decided to keep it a secret from the kids and surprise them, which almost didn't work. We got up Saturday morning to go to the airport, and what to our wondering eyes should appear, but a blanket of snow covering far and near!! We were super surprised because we had had LOTS of rain for the last few weeks and it never got cold enough for snow... until now!! I was soooo excited, two of my favorite things in ONE day!! So we loaded up, after Nate got home from delivering a baby with his doc, and headed to Charleston telling the kids that we had some errands to run. I was super excited and was admiring the snow that was continuing to come down! It was beautiful. We drive up at the airport right on time, her plane should have landed and she should be just getting her bags. One problem, I hadn't been able to get a hold of her yet. So we are sitting out front and the kids are asking why in the world we are sitting in front of the airport. Nate smoothly replies that he must have made a wrong turn and we are going to try to figure it out. We wait and we wait. Finally I ask Nate to go ask someone, and yup the plane was delayed. Apparently the snow was not great for plane visibility and they had to fly to Cincinnati to refuel as they were low after circling Charleston for 30 min. We decided to go get some lunch. In the meantime Julie landed in Ohio and called to say they were going to be another 2 hours! So we went looking around Charleston and then to Wal Mart, I know we are so creative. Finally we went back to the airport and the kids were a little annoyed now. How is it we were BACK at the airport mom and dad?! I said, well we just wanted to drive by and see if we knew anybody. And at that moment Julie walked out! It was prefect, Luke and Gabby practically jumped from their seats to get to her! It was great!!
We had a really fun weekend! It was so nice to have her here and the kids LOVED it!! Lily affectionately decided Julie's name was to be "Juicy". After all we have a Lukey, Gabby, Daddy and Mommy, so naturally Julie needed a "y" at the end of her name! (She has a way of changing peoples names to suit her fancy... i.e. Dodu ;)...)
Gabby and Lily with their Juicy


The beautiful snow that almost kept Julie from landing!
I LOVE the snow, too bad it was almost all melted by the time we got home and we never got to play in it! I am hoping it will snow again soon, and LOTS!!

Thanks again Julie for the super fun weekend, and for all you do for us!! We miss you!!

1 comment:

Mole said...

How fun! I hope one day we can come visit too :)