Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pretzels, Christmas Parties and SNOW, GLORIOUS Snow!!

Now I know that it is past Christmas already, but I am a little behind so bear with me!

One of my favorite traditions has been making Christmas goodies with my family so I decided it was time to have to kids get in on it. After school one day we got the almond bark, sprinkles and pretzels out and started having a lot of fun! Luke and Gabby really got into it, but Lily decided that she just wanted to eat everything we were making so she was exiled to a chair out of reach.
Gabby's favorite part was putting the sprinkles on... and boy did she!! There were a few that we definitely more sprinkles then pretzel or chocolate!
Luke was a little perfectionist! (Again, I have NO idea where he gets that from!!;)) He concentrated so well and got just the right amount of everything on each pretzel, it was so cute to watch!



Don't they look appetizing?!

On the 12th we had a ward Christmas party and we asked to come decorate a table for 8. I had limited supplies, but thanks to my wonderful Grandma I had some beautiful China that I rarely get to use. I decided to show it off for this occasion, and I must say I think our little table turned out pretty darn cute! (Especially with the cute little blondie sitting there!)
The primary kids did a little presentation about the birth of Christ. Luke was stuck behind that very large star so i couldn't ever get a good picture of him, and Gabby is in black next to the sheep.
Gabby was the only one of the kids that wanted to sit on Santa's lap! Luke said he saw Santa at school and already told him what he wanted so there was no reason to do it again, and Lily was just scared.
On the 19th we had a WONDERFUL snow storm! I woke up to more snow then I thought was possible here in West Virginia, it was AWESOME!! We had been over at a friends house and when we tried to come home we got stuck in our own driveway!! Nate and a few neighbors had to get the shovels out and dig us all out! I LOVED it! (if you can't tell, I really like snow!)
The kids and I took advantage of the snow while the shoveling was going on and built a snowman! I was pretty proud of it considering I had no help.
After the shoveling was done, Nate decided to make a ramp on our front lawn since it is sloped already and there was extra snow there from the road. The kids LOVED it! We hadn't been sledding in a few years so this was prefect!
This, to me, is what it is all about!
Lily was a little apprehensive about the snow and everything so I made her a piece of toast and then life was just chill. She never even flinched the whole ride down, she just kept eating that piece of toast.
Then on Sunday last week we went over to our second home, Stan, DeNae, and Tia's, for a Christmas party of sorts. We all exchanged gifts and had a great time together! We love these guys!!
I had to post this picture of Lily and Leah for two reasons. One because they are so cute together and you have never seen such cute little girls before; and two because I wanted to show the dress that I made for Leah off! I was going to make some for my girls too, but never got around to it. However I LOVE the way Leah's turned out and she is such a beautiful little girl!
We are so blessed and have had a wonderful holiday season!
This was a long post, I know, and if you are still reading just know I cut out a lot of pictures and condensed as much as possible so I can post about Christmas soon and not be behind anymore!!

3 comments:

Mole said...

Awww I wish we would get snow like that.... the sledding looks like so much fun. Oh and that dress is ADORABLE! Love it! ;)

I miss you guys.

DeNae I said...

You're so awesome! Who's that adorable little girl in that AMAZING dress?

Oliphaunt said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! We only had three inches of snow up here, so I'm glad you had enough to enjoy some snowy activities. We love you guys and wish you a happy new year!