Friday, August 20, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I have been neglecting my blog. I thought that it would be so easy to just come home and get all my pictures and stories up. Apparently not. So I will try to get caught up, but I am not making any promises. I will start with our trip out. My mom came to help drive us all out, which saved my life!! I would not have been able to make this trip on my own. And the kids did AMAZING on all three days.


On our first day we stayed in Independence, Missouri and went to some of the church histories sites there. This is a picture of Carthage Jail.


We also went to the Independence visitor center and went on the tour. The kids had fun playing in the replicas that were for the kids.


The sister missionaries were so nice to take us around and talk to the kids.


On our second day we made it to Denver, CO to stay with my aunt. About five minutes after we got there it started to rain, the rain turned to hail and then there were 2 tornado warnings!! It was crazy. The next morning we got up and headed to Utah and ran into this nice little storm!
It ended up just raining a blowing a lot but nothing too serious. We made it safely to Utah and the kids were SO glad to be out of the car!! It really was a great trip, as far as car rides go. No one had any melt downs, Lily didn't nap the second or third day, but she stayed happy. I am just so glad I had help and that it is over!! Now if I can just get all the other pictures organized and posted we will be in good shape!


1 comment:

Cheri said...

It looks like you were able to plan out some fun stops along the way. That is smart. Making it as memorable as you can.