Nate said Gabby just walked into class without a backwards glance. That was it. She was all smiles when I came to get them and couldn't stop talking about all the fun they'd had. Luke was a little less enthusiastic as he had been sitting by his friend from last year and was then moved to the other side of the room while the seats were arranged and then rearranged several times that first day.
Now the first week is over and they are both still super excited about school. Luke has found second grade to be a bit more challenging, which he loves because he is a bit of a nerd. (I wonder who he gets that from...) And Gabby has made a few new friends. I also started teaching early morning seminary this week and I have to admit I love it! I was so nervous about getting up THAT early again and having to teach kids who were older then 12, but it has already been better then I could have imagined! We are all so excited for this next year and hope that it continues to go as well as it has started off!
8 comments:
Could Gabby be an cuter? Seriously she is the cutest Kindergartener I have ever seen! Luke lloks like an oficial 2nd grader who is about to get baptized, how exciting. Glad you like Seminary, it will be an amazing calling for you.
Andrea, I bet you are an AMAZING Seminary teacher! Those kids are so lucky to have you as their teacher. How fun! Gabby & Luke look adorable on their first day. Miss you guys!
What happened to Gabby's dress you got her for her first day =) I can tell she is so excited. It just about bursts out of her eyes!! Glad Nate was able to walk them to school so they were a little more calm, ya right! Well its going to be a great year!!!
How exciting! Your family does have big changes going on. Teaching Seminary, School starting, baptism coming up, Kindergarten, & tests. It is amazing what we are capable of accomplishing, isn't it? I can see that you would be very good at teaching any group of kids. Way to go!
Man that girl is cute!! I wish you were my seminary teacher, I know you are great!! Also i posted just for you!!
Seminary huh? Did you get to go to the broadcast a month back? I will be thinking of you when we have husband and wife braodcasts. Welcome to the S&I family. How are you? Miss you tons. How do you get Lilly's hair to grow. Lucy's curls just get tighter and her hair won't go past her shoulders.
Too awesome! Congratulations about being seminary teacher, by the way! You'll be awesome! Gabby and Luke are growing up so fast! I'm glad they enjoy school so much. I'm sure Nate did just fine on his exam too. Jacob takes his the end of the month. We love you and miss you!
Those are some seriously cute kids!
Post a Comment