4 years ago
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Washington D.C.
Things have been a little stressful around here. Not that my life is falling apart or anything, but there has just been a lot of stress. I think the Lord knew that I needed a break, because He provided one in the form of an amazing weekend "getaway". Some wonderful girlfriends invited me to D.C. to relax, have fun and do whatever we wanted. We left Friday and got to our hotel just before dinner time. Our hotel happened to be on Pennsylvania Avenue, ya the same street as the White House. This was the view from our window. Just a few blocks down from "El Presidente"!
We went to a play the first night, called "An Ideal Husband" which was a fun experience. We had fun walking all over down town as well and found a cute cupcake shop that everone raves about. It was called the "Red Velvet" ,but was closed by the time we got there. Kristen and her friend Alicia were super troopers and got up at 6 am Saturday morning to stand in line and get us tickets to go up in the Washington Monument, which I had never done before. I did NOT get up, as it is my ONLY morning to sleep in. (Sorry, but the kids aren't the only ones who have a hard time getting up for seminary...) But they got all of us tickets!!!
(Alicia, me, DeNae and Riann)
The view from up in the monument is amazing. I took a ton of shots, but you can see the DC temple way in the distance in this one!!
This is the old post office building. I was really impressed with all the history I never bothered to notice before. I guess that is what happens when you don't have kids with you while you are visiting!! :)
We did a lot of other things but I didn't take pictures of it. After looking at some of the monuments it started pouring rain on us. DeNae, Ri and I went back to the hotel and while Ri-Ri took a nap, DeNae and I soaked in the hot tub. It was sooooo nice, expecially because I didn't have Nate telling me how gross and bacteria infested the hot tub was ;)!! We went out to eat and then walked and walked and walked and went back to Red Velvet and had the BEST cupcake I have ever eaten. Seriously it was THAT good. We had a lot of fun and I was sooooo grateful to get to go!! Thanks ladies!!! And now back to reality.... ;)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like a nice relaxing trip. I love DC and can't wait till the kids are older. I got to go when I was in high school with my family. It was a great place. I love all the history.
So Fun! We deserved it.
You have some impressive pictures. What a neat experience to be able to do all those fun things and get to enjoy them all the more by being with your girlfriends and without little kiddos. I love my kids but my time and attention is always on them when we are out in public.
Post a Comment