Thursday, March 31, 2011

Milestones and New Hobbies

A few days ago Gabby came home from school so excited... she had her first loose tooth. She has been patiently waiting for the first little signs of wiggle in those teeth. Most of her friends have lost at least one or two by now and she was getting worried she'd never lose one! I knew better! She didn't get her first tooth until she was almost 15 months old, so I was not at all surprised that she was a little later in loosing teeth as well. Her tooth was still pretty well attached when I sent her to school yesterday, but when I came to get her and Luke from school she had it in a little baggie. Apparently she had wiggled it ALL day until it came out... with a lot of blood. I think it would have held on a little longer, but she was DETERMINED to have that thing out NOW! It is so tiny! She is so proud and was even more excited when she found the tooth fairy had come during the night. (You see, Luke told her he heard from kids at school that the tooth fairy wasn't real, that is was just your parents. She was devastated. SO I did what any good parent would do and told her if Luke and his friend believed that then they wouldn't get ANYTHING from the tooth fairy ever again. That was all she needed, she was on board to believe again. I did have to tell Luke he was right, but I also told him to not tell his sisters when he discovered stuff like that. Just talk to me first. Ya, he still believes in Santa. I haven't had the heart to tear that belief away just yet... I bet he is going to be the ONLY 3rd grader in Cleveland to still believe. )








Last week my friend Elizabeth, who is super talented and crafty, showed me how to make these cute little chocolate suckers. I can't believe I never learned this before!!! I am hooked and think I found a fun new hobby!! (Not that I don't have enough of those already...) Now I just need to find people to give these to!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on losing your first tooth, Gabby! (I remember how exciting that was when I was a kid.)

Also, those chocolate suckers are darling! Feel free to send some our way. :)

Cheri said...

That is so good that your tooth fairy is prompt and gets to your house the very night they lose their teeth. I am impressed. Your tooth fairy should have a talk with our tooth fairy.