Sunday, September 6, 2009

Craft Fun

One of the perks to moving and not really knowing anyone close is that I have a lot of time on my hands. For the fourth of July I decided I wanted my girls to have matching patriotic outfits, so I went to the fabric store the night before and found this cute fabric to make these skirts. DeNae had given me the idea so I decided, why not?!Then she showed me a pillow case dress. I had never really seen or heard of one before until she showed me the super cute ones she had made Leah. Again I decided to try. Gabby LOVES this dress, which I was grateful for seeing as it doesn't "spin and wiggle" like most that she has. So of course then I had to make her one that did wiggle and spin. I had seen a dress like this at JC Pennies and it was outrageously priced. I figured I could probably figure out how to make one like it so this was my first attempt. I made a few mistakes, but she loves it and I am not too ashamed of it either. I do have to fix the sleeves next time around...I think my favorite craft that she showed me was these "themed" bows! I LOVE THEM!! She showed me the dragonfly, flower, and butterfly and I was hooked! So when our husbands decided to go for a all day friday-saturday biking/camping trip last weekend we decided to get together and craft! It was so much fun and I even made up some themes of my own :)!This one looks amazing in the girls hair! I will have to post some pictures of these in use, but for now I wanted to let you see what they looked like so you could make them yourself, if you want ;)!I love, love, love this one! I can't believe she figured out how to make this all on her own, she is amazing!!Her tree is different, but I was in a hurry at this point so I will have to post the revised one after I get around to making it.
And then there is the diaper wipe case cover. Sorry Ang that I never understood when you were trying to explain your to me! But this is how DeNae showed me and I really like it.
So those are the crafts that I have been up to the last two months and I am excited to do more!!

9 comments:

Tiffanyann said...

way cute!! wish i could have been there. you totally need to post about how to make the themed bows!!! by the way gabbys dress is AMAZING!!

Ryan and Marci said...

Those are some of the cutest crafts/outfits I have ever seen!!! Holy cow!! You need to put up a tutorial on how to make everything, or better yet...I need to come down to your house & have a craft day!!! :) Miss ya!!

Angela said...

Wow, I am in awe! And extremely jealous I can't come crash your crafting days together... I could learn so much :)

mama_pj said...

What a great job you have done! They are all darling! You are so talented and your girls are so lucky that you are their mom!

Mole said...

Ohhh fun!!! I miss doing crafty stuff together. The dresses are adorable and I love the themed bows. Awesome idea :)

Alicia said...

okay martha stewart. Cute crafts. I am so impressed with all your crafts, you have been a busy woman. Cute bows and dresses. Gabby looks so cute with her ears pierced. I am impressed that you kept her from her dance recital, I would have justified! Augh, that is why I have good friends like you for an example!

Barney and Shelby said...

so dang cute...your crafts and gabby. i am so impressed! patterns please:) you and Kristen need to get together and 'craft'.
shelby

The P*dunc's said...

I love it ALL! You need to show me how to do the hair clips! And we need to have a sleep over, soon!

kim and morgan said...

Hey Andrea! I haven't popped in for awhile. Your kids are getting so big! They are darling. I love the new bows you made. I agree with Tiff... can you post the instructions? I hope you are enjoying your new place. Sounds like you have great friends. Miss you