A few days ago I was at the store with the kids. I was looking at some earring and Gabby says to me, "Oh mom these are so beautiful! I want to have earrings like this, that go through my ears!!" I was thinking, oh sure eventually... But I told her to ask her dad. I did this because I was SURE Nate would say, not until you are 8 or 12 or something like that. Well she asked him on Sunday and he said, "Sure, I don't see any reason why you couldn't." :0!! What?! REALLY?!?! I mean I wanted her to get them someday if she wanted, but she is so little still!! But he told her yes, so what could I say. So we went to the mall and got it done. I was trying to convince her on the way there that she wanted to wait, but she was certain she wanted it now. And I tell you what, she didn't even cry, wince, or ANYTHING!! She was smiling the whole time and never stopped! The lady doing it was AMAZED, she said she had never had such a good 4 year old before! And she is still loving them and admires them in every mirror she sees!!


I tell you what, that is one happy little girl!! I am glad that she is so happy!
Gabby also started dance class yesterday. She has been dying to start dance class and could hardly contain herself all day waiting to go. I wanted to get some pictures of her all decked out in her cute dance clothes, isn't she adorable?!!

She thinks she is all ready to dance on her toes like her aunts Oriana, Tori and Cassie! It was hard explaining to her that it wouldn't work like that. She actually thought she was going to get to go up on stage today! Then once we got to dance I found out that their year end performance, the one she is DYING to perform in, is on Sunday. I was so upset. How was I ever going to tell her the one thing she wants most, she won't be able to participate in. It was a hard decision for me. I talked to her teacher who assured me it was a "celebration" and therefore not work. I almost bought it, but Nate said it was just justification. He wanted to pull her out all together, but I knew that would crush her. So we have decided to just do class and then not attend the final performance. Wow, I never thought it would be that hard to make those kinds of decisions. Luckily for me I asked Gabby what she thought keeping the Sabbath day holy meant and she told me no playing or dancing on Sunday. I explained to her the situation and she said it was ok because she wanted to do dance even if she couldn't go on stage. Whew! Still I feel like a horrible mom destroying her dreams...

Here she is with her class learning the rules. Her teacher really loved her and told me she would rather have Gabby in class and not at the performance then not in class at all. So I think we will stay. Wow, who knew dance would be soooo complicated for a 4 year old?!
6 comments:
Holy cow! Ears pierced Helena was just asking when she could get her's done and I said when your eight, but that was just to get her off my back!
So cute in her little dance outfit.
Awwww that is so cute!!!! I love that she was so brave when she got her ears pierced!!! And how adorable are the dance photos LOL :)
I'm so surprised at how mature Gabby acted about the ear piercing and the dance performance. She is an amazing little girl. The Lord has said "Out of the mouth of babes . . ."
what a cute ballerina... and the earings are oh so cute pink!
HI, I'm a friend of Angela's and had to peak in at your blog to see the crafty inspiration she said you have to offer. Darling ideas!!! I wish I had your talents. You look so familiar to me, did you go the MVHS? Anyway, thank you for your adorable posts, you are an inspiration to me and such a influence for good on all those around you. I can tell from your pictures. Take care and keep up the posts. I'm sure I'll be checking in again.
Just make your own dance performance. Get the music from the teacher and go to the Church. Let her perform the dance on the stage while you film it. Then afterwards go out for a treat. That way she can still perform and feel special, but not on Sunday.
Post a Comment