Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Park Fun

The weather is still pretty nice out here. We are still getting up into the 80's during the day and cooling down into the 50's at night. But we know that colder weather is on it's way so we are trying to make the most of our last few day/weeks etc. of good weather. A few days ago we decided to go to the park after school. Nate was lucky enough to be home, he is doing a Pediatric rotation right now and has had some more time for family. (But that will all change in few weeks when he starts internal medicine... ) Anyways we went to the park and the kids had so much fun asking him to spin them on the merry-go-round. Now they have to ask him to spin them because thanks to too much "fun" on them as a kids I can't hardly look at one without feeling the need to loose my lunch. They could hardly get enough of it!!

Gabby had to prove she was just as brave as Luke.
Luke wanted to really feel like he was flying, so he tried hanging off the edge, but not too far :).


Lily is always sooooo happy to have her dad around. Sometimes I get a little jealous that she so OBVIOUSLY prefers him, but I try to remember that being the mom I have a lot more of that special one on one stuff so it is good for him to have a pal too.

Isn't this park just so pretty? It has older and newer equipment, but the kids prefer the part that has the old stuff. Go figure.
As I look at these pictures I can't help but just feel so lucky to have my little family. They are so wonderful and I treasure every minute we have together, even the times I want to rip my hair out. :) I can't believe how big my kids are getting and how incredibly independent they are becoming. It scares me to death to think of them in this world the way things are going, but it is inevitable. I can only hope I prepare them well enough. But for now I will just hold onto these sweet memories, simple pleasure like afternoons at the park.


3 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

Everybody needs an afternoon at the park! Wish we could have joined you.

mama_pj said...

Our lives are made up of such precious memories made in a quiet snapshot moment. You are truly blessed!

Oliphaunt said...

Looks like such a fun time. Gabby looks adorable in that skirt you made!