
Look at this super cute little face! How could anyone ever get mad at a face like that?! I will tell you how. She has a new obsession. What of all the possible things in the world could she be obsessed with, what will cause her mother the most grief (or at least a fair amount...)... Taking off her own diaper, that's what. Oh and we aren't just talking taking it off, we are taking ripping the tabs completely off so it can't be reattached so that I have to use the entire box of diapers in one day! Well no, not really... I just use packing take to keep it on!! Yeah, really I do. After the first few times I got smart and started just taping them back on, but that hasn't stopped her. I even put onsies on her to deter her, but nothing seems to work very well. I think she must like the "free" feeling, really she does it probably 10 times a day. Last night she went to bed just fine (oh and we moved her into her toddler bed) then 5 minutes after we left her in her room I hear the baby piano being played. I go into the room and there she is, in her bed smiling at me.... with a piano, two balls, Luke's lightsabor, a Frisbee and almost every stuffed animal we have in the room. She was so proud that she was still in bed. I took it all out, save "monkey" (pictured above and with which she almost never parts) bear and cougar (also favorite stuffed animals, we take them all everywhere... I know, I know...). ( and yes these are all her names for her stuffed animals, very inventive I know) Anyways so I expect to hear her get up again, but it is quiet... all night. Success, I think!! Wahoo, that wasn't so bad. Think again, we go to get her this morning and guess what?! That's right she took her diaper off last night and then fell asleep!! So we have pee pees all over the bed, clothes, blankets and all over her bear!! It could be worse, I know, I have heard of the poo getting "painted" on the walls etc., so I will count my blessings, but please if anyone knows how to get her to STOP taking her diaper off, share the secret!! I really don't want to have to do laundry every time she takes a nap or gets up in the morning. I mean I am all about cleanliness, but that is a bit excessive for me!
4 comments:
duct tape!
FYI, you have to put the duck tape all the way around their waist. Someone suggested duct tape to us and we didn't put it all the way around. Didn't phase Max one bit that way. Max only did this for a few days, so I don't have any other advise. Hopefully it will be a passing thing in your house as well. She does have the most adorable face! What a cutie!!
Time to start potty training. Let her go pick out panties and start just during the times she is awake. Abby started doing that at 18 months and I had her trained fast. She went through 10 pullups in one day and I could not afford that so we decided to tr training her. Or if you are not ready for that try pullups instead. They do not have tabs. So much fun.
You could try going to the store and letting her pick out her own underwear. Then tell her she can wear them anytime she wants to over her diaper. But if she takes the diaper off the underwear have to be put away.
Post a Comment