Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas

I have been waiting to do this post because I wanted to get copies of pictures from my brother who took MUCH better pictures then I did, but I decided I will just add those later. Christmas this year was different then any other year so far. We weren't able to go home, but we found out that my brother, TC, and his wife Cora were going to be in Illinois for Christmas. After looking up the city her parents live in we discovered that it was just a short day trip to get there. We decided to go visit them for Christmas and let the kids see their cousins, that they don't get to see very often I might add!! (Even when we are in Utah visiting they are usually at their moms). It was GREAT! Cora's parents were soooo kind and very accommodating. Her whole family welcomed us in and made us feel right at home. It was great to get to spend time with them all and to get to see my brother in such a different light. He has come a long way and I am so proud of him!! Anyways, while we were there we did a lot of fun things: the men went and worked out for a few HOURS every day while the ladies stayed home with the kids and played games, watched movies and talked. The kids had fun playing Lego's, we went to the church and played volleyball, made sugar cookies and played Nert's! (P.S. I LOVE playing games!)
Cora's little sister Sarah was such a help! She played with the kids, helped look after them and let them all play with her Lego's and Polly pockets! They all loved her.




On Christmas Eve we have a tradition to open one present. It is always new pj's and a little toy. Even though everyone knows what they are getting, it is still super exciting for them all!!


Honestly there could not have been a more perfect pair of PJ's for this little princess, SHE LOVES THEM! She would wear them all day every day and all night too if I let her. But I don't.

Lily was in love with her PJ's too. They have pigs all over them and the little feet are piggies, which she just couldn't get enough of!! It was so cute, she just kept looking down at them and then telling whoever was nearest, "I have pigs!! On feet, PIGS!!!"
All the kids slept together in the basement on Christmas Eve and surprisingly didn't get up until 5:39am. (We were glad they slept in at least this late!!) They all had to sit on the stairs and wait for the ok to come on up!! It was so exciting!
Santa left their present from him out and Lily went straight to hers and was happy just to sit there and play with it for the rest of the morning. Too bad I took it away and made her look at the rest of her stuff!! (I know, I am a mean mom)
Santa nailed it this year! Gabby LOVED her Polly pockets, and Luke loved his Leapster! It was great!
Daddy was a little tired that morning! :)



My brother and his wife, he did a great job getting her some really nice stuff! They were so cute together!! (This was their first Christmas together married!)


This was most of the group.
He is such a cute little boy!

When we got home from our trip we found this AWESOME surprise as well as a CLEAN HOUSE from Stanta and DeNae! They are so awesome, we are so lucky to have them so close!!
We had a very wonderful Christmas that was made so much more special by several people and their kindness and generosity! I know I have already posted about that and all, but I just wanted to say thanks again! This Christmas was truly a special one, and one we will likely never forget!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Glad you guys had such a good holiday! The only thing that could have made it perfect was seeing us, he he :)

Mole said...

I'm so glad you guys got to be with family for Christmas. We missed you guys so much here in good 'ol Utah.