We have been hammered over here in WV with snow and more snow and more snow. The week that school was back in session after Christmas we only had 2 half days. I love the snow and was more then happy to have it here, but I think I was pretty alone in my feelings. The part that I didn't really enjoy was that after all the snow, came the single digit weather, for 2 weeks. After this you can bet that the kids were getting just a little bit of cabin fever!! (Not to mention the rest of us that live in this house ;)!) So thankfully at the beginning of this week the weather warmed up enough to melt all the snow and to give us a little break! We wasted no time! As soon as we picked Luke up from school the kids were begging to get the bikes and balls out. Our neighbors have 3 boys, one is in Luke's class, and they are always so nice to include the kids. They have a basketball hoop and invited Luke over to play. It was sooo cute to watch Luke play with this bigger boys and to see that he was actually not a bad ball player! Gabby, Lily and I played soccer for a while and then the girls wanted to ride bikes. This is Lily trying to get her bike to move like Gabby's!! It was so funny!
Luke and Jack got tired of playing basketball and started playing tag. Luke was so much faster he kept slowing down and looking back to make sure he wasn't too far ahead! Jack quit after 2 minutes.
5 comments:
I am jealous. I sure wish it would warm up here.
Yep I am all for a good snow that lasts a day or two, then jsut when it gets crusty and icey I want it gone and hello sunshine!
Looks like fun, I miss just hanging out and talking while the kids play. I love the pic of Gabby posing. :)
They are so cute! I can't believe how much Lily grows up everytime I see her! I am already ready for warmer weather for sure!!
One of these days we'll get together!
I'm glad you guys have made such great friends. I only hope to find that when we move in a few months. We miss you guys and are glad you got to get out and have some fun.
Post a Comment