Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two is.....

You always here the age of two referred to as the "terrible two's" or if you are my mother-in-law it is the "terrific two's" (But I think she only says that now that she is a grandma. I bet if I went back in time to when she had two year old and asked her if they were "terrific", it might be a different story :). I love you Gayle!!) At any rate I have one of these special children, call them what you may, and I am trying oh so hard to keep her alive until her next birthday. However that might be hard. Is she a dare devil, yes. Is she clumsy, maybe. Does she have a life threatening illness, No. What she does have is a case of the "Mommy might not let me live until my next birthday" itis. Yes, it is me that might keep her from her next birthday, not any of those other things. I love her, don't get me wrong, but there are just some days when she really tries me. In every way. She has sooo much more personality, spunk, and curiosity then the other kids did at this age. She is into EVERYTHING. She draws on everything. And I do mean everything; from library books, to walls, to moms check book. She wants to touch everything. No matter how many times I tell her it is hot or dangerous. She tried to do everything. Even things her older brother is too scared to try. She also doesn't like to share, even when she says yes she does. This stage started a while back, you may recall my last blog on this very subject, and I keep hoping she is about to grow out of it. However I think that is not the case. I think that is who she is. She is inquisitive. She wants to know how and why things work. (THAT she gets from her dad.) She is determined. (That may possibly be from her mom's side of the family.) She is stubborn. (That is DEFINITELY from her mom's side of the family.) She is a lot of things, and it may help her a lot later in life. But now? Now it may get her in time out a lot.
Look at that face though, isn't it sooo cute? Well it is to me. It is what keeps her alive. (That and well a lot of things, but she just cut up a craft I spent days doing so I am venting :).) One of her new favorite things is to sit and watch Nemo, or "Meno" as she calls it, on the portable DVD player. Why you ask? Because she got to use it while we drove to see TC and Cora and now she thinks that is the ONLY way to watch a movie. And yes she screams and throws a fit if we
use the TV, but thanks to her softy daddy she gets her way whenever he is home.
Here she is with her BFF Leah. She loves Leah so much, yet if you look at Leah's face you can see a scratch on it. Where did it come from? Lily. Anytime anything happens to Leah now she will cry and say "Lily!" whether Lily did it or not. I guess it is Lily enough of the time she just defaults to her now :).
Really she is a super cute, loving, happy little girl. But some times I want to ship her off to her grandparents house. I think it would be great for all parties involved!! So while I have a gut feeling the "two" phase will continue on to the 3 and 4 and 5 and well you get the point, I will HOPE that it is just the "ter....." two phase!

4 comments:

DeNae I said...

I like your new background, I don't know anyone with the same one!

Malinda said...

Oh Andrea...I would say that is the best description of the "two" stage! Luckily we have the hugs and kisses and "I wuv oou" to go along with it or I think we all would never survive it!! (especially the 2 year old)

Mole said...

Yikes she sure sounds like a challenge. I wish we were around the witness the craziness. :)

GOOD LUCK!

Alicia said...

ha ha, Mekynzie watches finding Nemo all the time too!!! We might even be having a nemo party, so come on down!!! and it is still freaking me out when you say Lilly can do all these things. I know it's only been like 7 months, but how did she get so big!?!?