4 years ago
Monday, January 17, 2011
Christmas Crafts
I had lofty plans this year to make all kinds of fun things. But I ended up only getting a few of them done, and I only took pictures of two of them. But I promised a few people I would post pictures so here are the two I actually took pictures of before I gave them away or they got packed away. This first one is of an apron I made for my friend Keertin. She is such an awesome girl and watched my kids for 6 weeks every morning at 6am to 7am while I taught seminary and Nate was gone!! I wanted to do something that showed my appreciation, but all I came up with was this apron. She is a fantastic cook so I thought it might be nice to look good while in the kitchen so much!! I thought it was cute and totally her. I think she liked it....
I also made Gabby a dress. I have Lily's all cut out, but never made it. (She has all Gabby's old ones so I justify only making Gabby one since she doesn't have any dresses. That's not exactly fair or nice, but she doesn't know...yet)
I got the fabric (5 yards) for $5 and I had everything else. It wasn't the fabric I would choose, but for what I had and all things considered I liked the way it turned out. And more importantly she did!! Anyways I will have to post more if I ever get them photographed and if not, at least I got them made!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, you're so crafty! I'm so impressed with your sewing skills. I'll be needing your help in the next few months as I have no sewing skills and I'm going to have a little girl to dress. :)
Miss you--let's chat soon!
At least what you did get done turned out great!
Way cute apron and dress, great job!!
I LOVE that apron. Where is the pattern from?
You have a gift to create. I am surrounded by some very inspiring women.
Post a Comment