Friday, January 28, 2011

Surprise!!


Last Friday we were able to go up to Columbus and surprise Kirsten for her half-birthday party! Her friends up there decided to throw her this really fun party and they were kind enough to let me join the fun! Nate contacted Ammon and arranged for them and the kids to hang out while we ladies had some yummy food and enjoyed ourselves. They were so nice and let us stay the whole weekend!! Poor Kirsten wasn't able to plan for us so she was apologetic the whole time about things that they had already committed to do, but we had so much fun and didn't mind a bit! After we got home from the party we stayed up a little while and hung out, but decided we'd have more fun the next day if we slept a little. Saturday was full of fun, cheer practice, Wii, basketball games, Wii, lunch, Wii, games, Wii, did I mention Wii? The boys had so much fun playing wii together and spent several hours doing it! Kirsten, Ammon, Nate and I all competed in Just Dance and I have to say I haven't had that much fun in a long time! We played some fun card games and they were kind enough to treat us to ice cream at Graders, which apparently is a Columbus must! It was awesome and they surprised Gabby with a little birthday party to celebrate a few days early! She was in heaven!! It was such an amazingly fun weekend! Kirsten and I reminisced about college days, did a fun craft and just had fun being together! I sure miss that girl! It made me wonder why we don't do this more often, I know I say that every time, but really!!! It was a memory we will all hold dear, it was just so much fun! Thanks Rasmussen's for your generosity and your friendship, we can't wait to do it again!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hey girlie!!! It was so fun to have you guys up here and I am flattered you came for my "birthday". We love your visit and can't wait to do it again. I am so anxious to find out where you guys are matching. That's all I've been thinking about lately! Happy late birthday to Gabby. She seriously is the sweetest little girl! Thanks for the recipe too by the way. I may wait to make it when we are together again to get the right tutorial! Luv ya!

Cheri said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. A girls weekend or even night should take place once a month, Don't ya think? I Would love it.