This year for Christmas we stayed home in WV. It was hard knowing that everyone was getting together in Utah, but we just could afford to fly and there was no way we could drive this year. (The kids didn't get off school until the 23rd and everyone had to start back on the 3rd, and it take 3 days each way to drive.... you do the math) But we had a nice time here as a family. A family in the ward invited us to come spend Christmas Eve with them, it was nice and everyone had lots of fun. They have older girls, that I teach in seminary, and they painted my girls nails and toe nails while we were cleaning up dinner. They were in HEAVEN!! Lily kept telling everyone about her pretty nails, over and over and over again!! After we were done there we took the kids driving around to look at all the beautiful Christmas lights. It was fun except that the kids were so excited to get home and open their jammies that we didn't go for very long. As per tradition, we came home and everyone opened their pj's and this year they all got books with them!
4 years ago
2 comments:
We haven't had christmas with our families in Utah since we started having kids...and I have to say, I LOVE IT! It's great watching the kids come down in the morning and not having a family thing to rush to. I love the kids jammies! And I'm almost jealous of your white christmas.....it was very strange to have a hot and tropical christmas this year....
I tend to wonder if all that built up excitement causes the kids to get themselves sick. The same thing happens to us, where someone seems to get sick on Christmas.
Post a Comment