Monday, February 21, 2011

And we're moving to.....

CLEVELAND, OHIO!!!! (This is a little late, seeing as it was a week ago that we found out, but it's been a little crazy at our house!!) Last Monday, Valentine's Day, was also match day for us. And I am elated to announced that Nate matched into General Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic! I am surprised and then again I am not. He had a fantastic interview there and they called him in January to tell him that they planned to rank him at the top of their list. So it was kind of a sure thing, however we put a few other programs higher on our list because Nate wanted to try for Urology also. We are not at all disappointed and really do feel like this is exactly where we are supposed to be going. Nate's doctor let him have the day off, so as soon as the kids got home from school we headed down to Huntington to go to dinner with Stan and DeNae. We wanted to celebrate both the holiday and the exciting news. We went down to Lexington KY, since Stan found a great restaurant and had a coupon, and ate so much food and had so much fun!! I am so proud of this wonderful man and I am so glad to have him as the love of my life!!! Congrats Nate, you are amazing!


Stan and DeNae, whom we are going to sorely miss!!! (However we are planning on bribing them to come visit ;)!) It was a wonderful evening and the perfect way to celebrate our big news!!! Thanks guys, we LOVE you!!!

12 comments:

Julie said...

So excited for you! Although I was hoping for Urology so Nate can come up with a cure for me but oh well! ;)

mama_pj said...

Congratulations to both of you! I am so excited for you new adventure in Cleveland! No bribing necessary here...we will come visit! Love you!

Tiffanyann said...

yeah!! only it should have been washington!! i am so excited for you. good luck with all of the moving stuff, i know i am so stressed with it all.

mama_pj said...

Great picture of you both! :)

DeNae I said...

We're so excited for you, and now we need a new name for the joint clinic. I'm still stuffed from all the food, but the two hour drive was worth every bite!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! We are SO excited for you guys. Let us know what we can do to help with the big move!

jdust said...

Congrats! That is really exciting.

theharmans said...

So close to the Temple and the science center is the best! Best of luck to you guys:) Im so happy for you.

Ryan and Marci said...

So excited for you guys!!!! Congrats Nate! Deep sigh of relief that the Match is over with & you know where you are going! We are excited because we will be just a couple hours away from your family, yay! I see many get-togethers in our future. Hope you enjoy the last few months of med school. Miss you guys!

Greta Henricksen said...

I had no doubt that you were destined for great things Nate! Congrats for both of you. Especially Andrea who has survived all of your long hours. Hopefully you can survive the next 12 years right! :)

Cheri said...

Good luck on all the moving, that is such a big job. Wish we could be there to help you out with things. Congrats!

Oliphaunt said...

Hooray! So happy for you! I looking forward to seeing you guys in May for graduation and wish you the best of luck with the move!