This year was our FIRST Pine Wood Derby! I think Nate and I have been looking forward to this as much as Luke has!! Luke and Nate worked on the car together and made it according to Luke's specifications. The only thing we didn't know about was that everyone else was adding weights to their cars... so Luke had no chance of winning. But now we know for next year! We still had so much fun and Luke was proud of how his car turned out!

Along with the car race they had a cake contest. The dad's and son's were suppose to make a cake together and decorate it. Luke, again, was very specific about how he wanted this cake made. I think it turned out great! (It got the "Best Dirt Track" award)

Here is Luke with two of his best buddies, Jaylon and Scott. (They are both a few years older, but they are still great friends!)

These are a few of the other cakes, any guesses as to which one won?!


And here is a video of the only race Luke won, but hey it's all about the experience right?!
It was a fun evening and we definitely learned some things for next year!!
2 comments:
stop feeding that kid so he doesnt' grow any more!! i can't wait till logs gets to do this too!! oh and no one else in the world cares but you but i updated my blog just for you
So much fun...I just love Luke's smile.
Post a Comment