
Look at that face! He is such an adorable kid, even before you know anything about him!! Of course I am his mom and may be a little bias, but I don't think so. This weekend I was lucky enough to get strep. I don't get sick often and when I do I usually just ignore it and plug along. However, this was a case I couldn't do that. I was pretty darn sick. Sunday rolls around and I'm not better and therefore can't go to church. It was the first Sunday of the month and so in our church that meant "Fast Sunday". Since Luke turned 8 we had explained what fast Sunday is and that if he wants to participate he can, but we decided he is still young enough we want him to choose. He has done it a few times and a few times he hasn't. So I reminded everyone what day it was and told Luke he didn't have to if he didn't think he could. Without skipping a beat he said of course he would be fasting today. I again reminded him that it was ok if he didn't want to, and he simply said, "I know, but I want to fast for you so you can get better." I was so floored. I mean I think I knew what fasting was at that age, we go two meals without food so we can be closer to the Lord, but did I get that you can have a reason, something you are asking the Lord for?? No, I really don't think I got it at that age. This in NO way reflects back on me, he is just a good kid in his own right. But I sure am glad he is MY good kid!! I love that boy!!!! He is constantly impressing me. I have to write these things down so I can remember them the times he does things like wrestling with his sister, head butting her and breaking her glasses. Yeah he is still a good kid!! :)
1 comment:
What a great moment. I am sure glad you are writing it down to remember plus share it with everyone that visits your blog. These are the times to be cherished.
Post a Comment