Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby #4 is a.....

GIRL!!! I haven't posted or mentioned too much about this baby for several reasons. One being that we have had difficulties and I wasn't sure if everything was going to be OK, that we were going to keep this baby. Another being that so many very close to me are struggling so much with infertility that I didn't want to hurt them more by talking about my situation. The last thing I would want is to hurt someone or worsen their pain. And then there was the terrible sickness that not even medicine would help alleviate. Thankfully that is all but over now, except for the occasional sick day. I still want to be sensitive to those who struggle so much with this issue, but after my ultra sound today I would be completely ungrateful to the Lord if I didn't shout for joy and express my relief and gratitude! It has been a hard road to get this baby where she is at today. We have lost more babies than we have, which I know many people have, but it is hard none the less. I don't in any way think my struggles have been more or harder than anyone else's, but they have been hard and they have been mine. To listen to your own child pray with such amazing faith that the baby you are carrying doesn't die like the last few is heart wrenching. To have them ask why that baby died or say how much they wish that baby hadn't died is not easy. They have wanted this baby every bit as much as Nate and I have. Then there were problems with this one, and that fear that it wasn't going to last was ever present. I was certain at this ultra sound they were going to tell us about some genetic defect or something to that nature. Instead I got to see my children's prayers answered. We have a healthy, perfect little girl! Her growth is behind, so they have pushed back the due date a few weeks, but she is healthy and that is what counts! They looked over her with a fine tooth comb and made sure everything was as it should be, I have never had an ultra sound quite like this one! I know Luke will be a little sad that it is not a boy, but he will still love her and be a fantastic older brother to this little girl! I know this has been a little more personal than usual, but I want this baby girl to be able to look back and see just how much she was loved and wanted. We are so excited and so grateful! Thanks for allowing me to share, and understanding that I don't mean to hurt anyone else by doing so.

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Having a child is a great experience no matter when it comes but especially after a long trial. I am grateful that your family will get to have another addition next year. I know that the kids will love their new little sister very much! We as a family are all extremely happy for all of you! We love you all.

Jana and Mario said...

So happy for your family that everything is normal and healthy. You make beautiful little girls and I am sure this will be no exception. Love you!

Erin said...

So happy and excited for you! You have been through enough to get her this far. She is going to be so loved in your sweet little family.

adventure knitter said...

i'm glad everything is alright for that baby girl. Congrats on another little girl!

adrienne said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well and she is so healthy! Congratulations on your pregnancy, by the way.

mama_pj said...

What a wonderful long awaited blessing this little girl is! She will be a loved and welcome addition to your adorable family. Cna't wait to meet her! Love you!

Pamela said...

How fun to find out and to have another cute Tracey girl!

jdust said...

Congrats!! We're so happy and excited for you.

Wholly Duncan said...

There is nothing like seeing that amazing ultrasound of your healthy baby after losing multiple babies! I remember what it felt like and am sooo happy for you!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys. She's going to be beautiful. Hope all is well.

Ryan and Marci said...

Babies are such miracles! So happy for you guys!!

Our Family said...

You make such beautiful little girls, I'm so glad that you are having another one! What a wonderful day to see everything so healthy, congratulations!!

KeiserFamily said...

Yay! congrats! poor luke:)jk he will be such a great man because of his sisters! Dont worry about offending or hurting us that are struggling to have another baby! we wouldn't be friends if we couldn't be absolutely ecstatic for you guys! love you guys..and congrats again!

Beard Family said...

Oh my I am sooooo excited for you!! I hope things keep progressing and she contiues to be healthy! That is such wonderful news to hear!