Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birthday Boy

 Nine years ago today I became a mom. But I didn't just become a mom, I became a mom the the absolute best little boy ever! Today you are nine Luke, NINE!! I can hardly believe it! As I think about all the things that have gone on in your short little nine years of life I am overwhelmed by what a good kid you have been and continue to be. You strive everyday to do what is right. You push yourself to do the best you can, you are ALWAYS there to help me and your sisters.
I would NOT have made it through the past 4 months of vomiting ever hour everyday for almost 15 weeks without you. Without being asked you got the girls breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. You brought me barf buckets, rags, water and anything you could think of to make my life easier. You cleaned, as best you could, the house when I couldn't get out of bed. You filled your dad's shoes while he was working and I don't think I could ever repay you. So today on your birthday, I hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated by your family! You are a shining example of goodness, obedience and charity. From the time you were little you have impressed those around you. Thank you for being you and for making me a better person through your example. I love you Luke, Happy Birthday!!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

We Completely agree, you are one stellar boy! Happy, happy Birthday!

Love, The Other Traceys

mama_pj said...

Happy Birthday Luke! You are a great boy and I love you dearly!

Jana and Mario said...

Happy birthday Luke! You are amazing! Hope you had a wonderful day, we miss you.

Wholly Duncan said...

What a great little guy! Happy Birthday!

Jo Jo said...

Found you! You left a note on Susan's blog. Congrats on your little girl. It was a sweet post. And thanking your sweet boy is very tender. Hang in there! I know my mental handling capacity gets so tired going through pregnancy guessing games, but you'll be great.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to a great boy!!! I am sure you had a great birthday doing stuff with your dad! I bet that was his best present ever! He has sure grown in a year!! Yay for Luke!